They found out we celebrated Christmas

by Mulan 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

I was told today that an elder in a nearby congregation has just told another elder in his congregation that he saw we celebrated Christmas last year. Seems he was doing a job on our street (he's a window washer, like all good JW elders) and saw our decorations.

Several things bother me about that.

1. No one could have seen any of our decorations by driving by. We had no lights outside. At night he might possibly (with difficulty though) have seen the lights of the tree through the blinds, but in the daytime, there is no way anything could have been seen unless he came right up to the door, opened the screen and looked in, and I am quite sure he didn't do that. So that seems to be a lie, all the way.

2. Why is he just now telling on us? It's the end of May!

Dave says "%#@* them"

Anyway, my JW friend told the son of one of the elders, who talked to her about it, that she was in my house all the time during that month, and would certainly have seen a Christmas tree.

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Mulan, maybe he didn't see it at all, but he suspects, so he's lying about it in the hopes you'll "confess"? They do that in cop movies a lot, and it seems to work for them, so maybe that's where he got the idea. Anyway, if he was any kind of a real man, he'd talk to you face-to-face about it. Good luck to you, though; hopefully they will not pursue the issue, esp. if they've let it go for several months.

• blondie
    blondie

Isn't there a 2 eyewitness rule in that religion?

Blondie

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Mulan, I'm with your husband on this one. This JW may have talked to someone maybe a neighbor that knew you were celebrating, or he could have verbalized his suspicion just to see your reaction. It really doesn't matter, does it? Seems the JWs love to make their little tempests in a teapot. In the grand scheme of things its laughable, really. I know you are beyond caring what they think.

Remember, breathe~

Sherry

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

How utterly rediculous!

I'm still waiting for the elders to decide they need to come after us, but as more and more time passes I care less and less about it.

• codeblue
    codeblue

Mulan:

I am sorry this is happening and making you feel upset.

You have a right to feel the way you do....I hope your JW friend helps you out....

Blondie is right: what about the 2 witness rule???? Good one, Blondie

CodeBlue

• shotgun
    shotgun

Mulan..that's the last of your problems...I met your rowdy daughter this weekend.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    I am sorry this is happening and making you feel upset.

I'm not upset at all. We laughed all evening about it. Who cares?

Mulan, maybe he didn't see it at all, but he suspects, so he's lying about it in the hopes you'll "confess"?

Good point. I hadn't thought of that. After 7+ years, I wonder why they bother.

As for my rowdy daughter? You know what they say, "like mother, like daughter".

• Sassy
    Sassy

this reminds me of where I was when I first set up a tree last winter and I had to make sure my blinds were tight so the elders didn't see... what stress and what an infringement on your lives.....those busy bodies..

I'm sorry Mulan

• gold_morning
    gold_morning

Mulan,

I am so sorry that it has upset you so. Isn't it terrible what fear we have of men. That is all they are....sinful men. Please be true to yourself. There is nothing like a free mind.

love gold

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit