Fudge instead of f*ck

Sugar instead of sh*t

Fluff instead of fart

We could never say gosh, golly or gee.

And my dad had a weird aversion to the word PUNK

Lisa

• Odrade
    Odrade

"Blast" don't know what that subs for, seems to be all-purpose...

haha

• Farkel
    Farkel

: or "you turkey" because such were associated with sexual acts.

If turkeys didn't commit sexual acts, there would be no turkeys. Thank God they do. I like turkeys.

But only in moderation.

Farkel

• boa
    boa

rats! was the big one in our house.

even a non-swear word like penis was called 'thing'

I also remember the thrill of legitimately getting to say a word like 'cock' when referring to a rooster lol, or reading 'ass' in the bible heh heh

boa

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

Found this on the subject: And I think i agree..

There are a few interesting things on cursing and so called "bad words" that I would like to share:

First of all, cursing is the only thing where it's okay to do what you are describing but not say what it is. Nothing else is like this. It's okay to say "murder" but not okay to murder; it's okay to say "rape" but it's not okay to rape. Yet, it's wrong to say "shit" but it's okay to shit.

I remember my parents got upset once when I said the word "fuck" to which I responded, "Hey, I'm just saying it, you actually did it." So why is that?

Why are bad things good words and good things bad words? Rape is a bad thing but a good word and shit (or fuck or ass) is a good thing but a bad word.

In fact, not only is it okay to do the things the curse words describe if you don't do it life will end.

Try not to shit. Never ever shit or piss and the result will be that you will die. Likewise, fucking creates life; if no one ever fucked the human race would become extinct. I think the F-word should be famine instead of fucking. Famines destroy life and fucking creates life, yet which one is considered the bad word?

If it's a good thing it should be a good word. Why are the worst things--famine (the f-word), cancer (the c-word), war, murder, rape-- "good" words but things that unite us (like shitting) or create life (like fucking) considered bad?

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Where I was raised as a JW, we were taught that JWs aren't supposed to use euphemisms, because it's really just swearing with another word substituted. "People know what you mean." That being said, my own family would say, "darn" or "dang" or "heck" from time to time, but we were probably looked at askance for doing so. I've never heard any of the outlandish euphemisms in this thread.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

They used to say at the KH that euphemisms was just the same as using the actual swear word, so we shouldn't use them. Of course it's nearly impossible not to use them, and there are times when even a euphemism isn't enough.

Sweet Baby Cheezits (Sweet Baby Jesus)

Dag nabit

Cheese and rice (Jesus Christ)

When the excrement hits the air circulating device.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

For coughs and colds take Lemsip.

One for the guys in the UK. Say it fast.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Clucking bell

• Comatose
    Comatose

Son of a...

sheeeet

damn that holds water

son of a biscuit eater

freakin a

crud

rats