They know about UN debacle, but they simply don't care!

by Quotes 34 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Corvin
    Corvin
    This diagnosis is much worse than I originally thought.

Recently, I had the opportunity to talk to a couple of JW's about the UN thing . . . and it wowed me how they both seperately responded with, "no matter what, it is still the only true religion". I wanted to do some shaking myself.

At least you planted a seed.

Corvin

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

I would have started a New Topic for this but can't for long enough that I didn't feel like waiting, so I'll tie it in with a comment from the last post on this thread:

opportunity to talk to a couple of JW's about the UN thing . . . and it wowed me how they both seperately responded with, "no matter what, it is still the only true religion".

I myself kinda wondered what the big deal was over the UN/NGO scandal, I must confess, having been a non-dub for quite some time now. But reading the WTS's own anti-UN quotes refreshed my memory and made it much clearer. Especially this one I just came across in the book Let God Be True, copyright 1946 WTBTS, revised April 1, 1952 (it's a jewel, IMO, worthy of sharing):

alt

Isn't their condemnation of Israel in the first sentence just as applicable now to themselves as "spiritual Israelites"? Gotta love it----"...applying for admission into the United Nations [NGO or not, I would think] and...accepting membership...is a flat rejection of God's kingdom of the heavens."

~Merry

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

.....hmmm...I guess nobody found this as damningly interesting as I did, huh? Or has everybody but me already read it? Or is it just a dead horse I'm beating?(squint your eyes and pretend it's a horse)

~Merry

• Quotes
    Quotes

Sorry, MM, I just saw this.

Yup, pretty condemning. Of course, JWs will argue semanitics and point out that Isreal "joining" the UN and WTS "becoming officially recognized as an NGO" are two different things. Six of one, half-dozen of the other, I say.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

They will twist scripture and tilt at windmills.... nothing new. What's good for the goose is not good for the gander.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit