WE JUST SAW "DAY AFTER TOMORROW"

by Mary 43 Replies latest jw friends

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny
    2. Am I the only one who thought the Pres and VP looked an awful lot like W. and Cheney?

The director is actually German, and I saw him on a talkshow here. The interviewer asked him if the resemblance to Cheney had been accidental, and he said it was deliberate.

• ChileanRick
    ChileanRick

What a bad!!! I was waiting for the moment to see that film, but one workmate went to see it and he said me "it's awful". The story is bad and poor, but the special effects are good.

Well, I'll wait for Armagedon better, maybe it'll be more exciting moment (ja, ja, ja....)

ChileanRick

• SYN
    SYN

Yes, it had a crappy storyline, but what can you expect from the producers of Independence Day?

"Hey, dude, we killed all the aliens!"
    "How'd you do that?"
    "We installed Windows 95 on the aliens' computers, and they all started crashing. Now they're dead!"

Really!

But, on the other hand, the soundtrack and the special effects were astonishing. Go Day After Tomorrow! I found it to be an extremely sobering, beautiful movie.

• patio34
    patio34

This was an email from a friend who just saw TDAT:

I enjoyed the movie - it was very entertaining with great special effects. I like knowing, or at least assuming, that most everything will come out OK even in the midst of the devastation. Was the "Dick Cheney" look alike/sound alike, arrogant, pompous asshole too obvious?

All in all, I think it was a really good movie! Pat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit