by chok 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• New Castles
    New Castles

Welcome, glad to hear your story....

(((chok)))

• bisous
    bisous

Welcome Chok!!!!

Glad you have found succor here, many of us have similar experiences. I too converted my husband, and can relate to your story. Celebrate the extreme good fortune of having your eyes opened! Embrace your new found friends, and work hard to make more....they will help you heal. Keep coming back here, you will find support and sharing with people of a common experience will also help you move on more quickly.

Warmest regards,

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

Lady_kaye:

I never quite measured up enough to be a dub

Dontchya mean you wouldn't drop your standards low enough ??? LOL

• Golf
    Golf

Greetings chok. Enjoy reading your post.

Guest 77

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Hi Chok,

Welcome to JWD. Welcome to life. 31 is a good time to spread your wings and learn to fly. Your children are still young enough to enjoy a bit of normal childhood, too. Don't regret your time inside the organization. Look at the positives and above all move on to live a happy, healthy life.

I am sure someone has recommended to you reading Crisis Of Conscience. If you haven't read it yet it's a must. You will have any doubts about what you are doing erased. It will help you know once and for all that the org. is run by ordinary men who are not even close to being inspired.

Congratulations for having the good sense and the guts to look at this site and for having the smarts to realize you are headed in the right direction....out!

(((((((((Chok))))))))))))

Flyin'

• kls
    kls

Welcome Chok , ya we Apostates kinda grow on people.

• EyeDrEvil
    EyeDrEvil

Welcome Chok!

Welcome to real life. The "world" is not nearly as scary and evil as the WT painted it to be!!!

You are in excellent company. Keep on posting!

EyeDrEvil

p.s. my wife has the same life experience. She just turned 40, and celebrated her first ever birthday (a huge fete -- over 60 non-JW friends came to her "coming out party"). Our boys are 11 and 9. We too wanted them to see that there was so much more to life than the surreal life of a JW. LIFE IS SO MUCH BETTER!

• Sassy
    Sassy

Hey Chok.. I know how you feel about the realization of love and people outside the JW box.. we were told everyone was evil out here to scare us into being under their thumb.. I was just telling my bf about 4 am this morning what a shame it is that our circumstances are as they are.. if he was a JW and I was free to be dating according to the JWs.. mom would be so warm to him and loving.. he would be treated as if he was her own son.. but no.. that can't happen.. instead she wont' even call the house.. and certainly hasn't acknowledged him.. it's so sad..

fortunately we can be OUT of the box.. celebrate our birthdays.. ENJOY life w/o guilt..

and you can raise those beautiful children without them having to have all the same hamperments from the WTS that we had..

I'm glad you have been coming into chat to visit us.. I hope you continue to do so.. we want to get to know you more!!

• Strawberryfieldsforever
    Strawberryfieldsforever

Welcome Chok!

I don't know what the big deal is about being called an apostate......All it means is one who forsakes his faith.....I think all the JW's have done that at one time before joining up with the cult. Don't you think?

Strawberry

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Welcome Chok,

Lots of good support here. I'm glad you broke out of the Org. Look forward to reading more of your posts.

Unconditional Love,

cybs

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit