Is It My Imagination, Or Is California And Texas...

by exjdub 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Corvin
    Corvin
    Why does California and Texas develop so many apostates (apostates that have great senses of humor I might add)? Any theorys?

Well it is quite obvious that California has set the standard for the best damn apostates in the nation. Texans, being as they are, you know, loud, obnoxious braggers, are not to be outdone so they are just trying to prove they are as good as the california apostates. Quite flattering really.

Corvin

• exjdub
    exjdub
    I think us Californians just have bigger mouths that's all.

Chevys,

Now I know where I get it from. I was born and raised in California, although I moved away when I was 9, so I guess that explains why my mouth tends to runneth over.

exjdub

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Now you got it!!!

Chevy of the 'needs a mop to clean up all the runneth over mess on the floor' class

• NaruNaruChan
    NaruNaruChan

Logically, I think it all boils down to how conservative a state is. CA is not very conservative, so you'll find more apostates. On the other hand, tx is really religious, and so a lot of people just.. ah hell, it's the boobs.

• minimus
    minimus

For years, we New Englanders looked down on the Calis because we knew they were "weird" about going outside of Brooklyn's boundaries. We used to think, the closer you were to New York, the closer you were to God.

• exjdub
    exjdub
    For years, we New Englanders looked down on the Calis because we knew they were "weird" about going outside of Brooklyn's boundaries. We used to think, the closer you were to New York, the closer you were to God.

Minimus,

The Californians used to always reply to that by saying California has put more people in Bethel than any other area. I don't know if it's true, but I thought it was a good comeback. Another interesting perspective: I was on the phone with a brother from the Service Department when we were talking about an issue during the time that I was in New England. When I explained the issue he expressed off record that Bethel thought that there was a recessive gene pool in New England, which took me aback, but I thought that it was pretty funny... though I probably thought it was funny because I wasn't from New England originally.

exjdub

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz
    When I explained the issue he expressed off record that Bethel thought that there was a recessive gene pool in New England,

That's right! I remember when I visted Bethel them saying that it was their ultimate goal to have all the witnesses blonde haired and blue eyed. I remember asking one of the GB members what to do about my brown hair and brown eyes. His suggestion was that I marry a man with blonde hair and blue eyes and hope that his genes were dominate.

Oh no wait, maybe it's HItler I'm thinking of.

• Sassy
    Sassy

when I moved to California a friend from Colorado..(and brother) said.. Juls.. don't move to California........you will fall out of the truth.. it is the land of Sodom and Gomorrah.....

Guess he was right

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

We Here in California are shielded from All Mind Control Rays by the broadcast of the Spice Network

California, the Land were ugly guys get paid to have sex with hot chicks....

• minimus
    minimus

Ex---here's my comeback----"So many HAD to go to Bethel from California so they could learn what was right and what was wrong. As for the other comment, I would imagine the bro must not have been from New England. Perhaps he meant England.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit