What Ramifications would there be if The WBTS went out.....

by ohiocowboy 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I as much as anyone would love to see them fall flat on their hypocritical behinds, but what would really be the outcome? There are those who have spent their entire lives in the Org. and many of these are elderly, and basically have only the Org. to fall back on. It is the only thing they have known. What would happen to them? What would be the outcome of 6 million followers set free in a "World" that they know nothing about? Would there be enough therapists to accomodate such a number who would need emotional help? Do you think some of them could become violent, and become "Postal" knowing that everything that they have lived for, breathed for, slaved for, and hoped for all their lives is now gone. How chaotic would it really be???

• kls
    kls

It would be a big shocker, they would have to learn how to think for themselves with no direction. Just the thought of how they were suckered in to a cult and immediatly pulled out will probably be enough to throw many over the edge and those nasty shrinks they were to stay away from will now be their life line.

• gold_morning
    gold_morning

Ohio,

I think they would look high and low for a replacement. They cannot seperate religion from God. They think they worship God thru the organization, but in reality they worship their own religion. That is where their loyalty really is. They would scatter, finding themselves another place to belong. Hopefully a few of them would find Christianity.....which is worshiping Christ. Then they would have the real "truth".

agape love, Gold

• Flash
    Flash
    Would there be enough therapists to accomodate such a number who would need emotional help?

NO! ... and Gold is right, many would look for a replacement.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Many would get back together again, in another group, or groups.

They are the ones who give life to the 'image' they serve - if two of them agree, they could do it again.

Look at ewatchman etc.

• Brummie
    Brummie

People have built in survival techniques that help them to cope, this same thing happened to the Worldwide church of God back in the 90s, it went mainstream and rejected all of its major beliefs, even became trinitarian! Thousands were left in a mess, but they survived.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

There is no reason to beieve that they would behave any differently from the way other groups of people have behaved under similar circumstances; in short, a multitude of minor JW sects would arise so that those poor people would still have somewhere to go on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday.

One example - remember "Plain Truth" magazine published by Herbert W. Armstrong (father of Garner Ted Armstrong)?

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

There would be a lot of splinter groups as there were in the past, more so then, but probably still exist today. Many would need therapy--they already do, but don't realize it. Some would be relieved ,especially the young ones who are forced to be there against their will. I do feel sorry for the elderly though and those who have slaved away for years and years. I'm sure many of these people would not even know how to function in society. That is very sad. But with all of that I still want to see the WT exposed to save the lives of many others who will come in after these ones. There is no avoiding pain with this group--either way somebody gets screwed.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Just as when Prophet Russel died there was temporary chaos until a new authority grabbed the reigns and cast those who declined to follow them as deviates and apostates.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Thanks for the input. I too would feel really bad for those who are elderly, and have lived their whole lives in the org. An interesting thing, If there were different splinter groups, they definately could no longer claim to be the one true religion. But then again, with the way they are able to twist things around, they could probably say it anyways, and get away with it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit