What Ramifications would there be if The WBTS went out.....

by ohiocowboy 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I do not wish to sound too dramatic but I think there would be quite a lot of depression amongst the witnesses and there would be some suicides - I do not think some could cope with it

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome
    It is the only thing they have known. What would happen to them?

well i can imagine it would be negative, but i have to say, that it's just tough shit for them. the WTS only exits because of its 6m members. if they are too blind and stupid to find out that its all bs, then they only have themselves to blame. sounds harsh, but we have to take responsibility for what we do.

• Carmel
    Carmel

An insignificant blip in the total scheme of things. Since the JW's represent so little in the course of human events (being "apart" as they are) even the window washers union would not notice as there are two unemployed janitors for every WBEE!

carmel

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

JWs have a pathological need to be told what to do and think. If the WTS was to dissolve then some prominent brothers would undoubtedly be followed into forming several new "spirit directed" organizations... each one claiming it is Gawd's sole channel of communication. Ultimately the one with the rights to the Watchtower and Awake would be the dominant organization.

This is the pattern that has happened over and over in the history of the WTS.

• marie67
    marie67

I personally believe there may be a big sigh of relief!!! I don't see the die hard witnesses like there used to be.

• EyeDrEvil
    EyeDrEvil

1. Somebody would be extremely rich. The WTS has massive holdings in real estate wealth.

2. There would be millions more voters available to vote Bush out of office this fall (one can only hope!)

3. Lots of depressed / lost souls ==== good day for therapists! :-)

4. Mormon missionaries would have a monopoly on the "annoying knock on your door" racket. (Hell, they are already winning that battle!)

5. Sure, some splinter groups will gel... Have at it, fellas!

EyeDrEvil

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit