Ex-elders: did you ever confront anyone on FAKE HOURS

by Quotes 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Atilla
    Atilla

This may be a little off subject, but what about faking other things on your time slip such as return visits and Bible studies? I for the most part did honestly report these other statistics accurately along with my time accept for my last year but I think this area may be even more skewed than hours. I remember when I was a regular pioneer and I had on a regular basis 5 Bible studies a month.

The C.O. came to our hall and said that I was doing a good job but then this other reg. pioneer elder in our hall who had been to Bethel tried to discredit me by saying that my actual Bible studies were more like 2 because I only met with certain Bible studies twice a month and not every week. I guess technically there are all these rules about how to report studies and return visits like you can't count an RV until the third visit, etc. but the average publisher or even pioneer doesn't know the exact rules. Plus, it's not like anyone goes over the rules ever, thus I suspect widespread inaccuracy on this data, maybe even more than time. But hey, if you can't count time accurately, what else can't you count?

I must admit that towards the end I would try to compesate my low hours but beefing up other things like say throwing in a few extra R.V.'s. So, my time slip might say only 5 hours, but look he has 20 return visits, wow, that's quality not quantity.

• Agent 1 of 1
    Agent 1 of 1

It didn't matter with how much time I put in compared to "quality". That's what the elders told me when they deleted me. Sometimes a few of us would put in a full days worth, like 12 hours. I remember those days being fun days. But, the elders told me that there's no way it would be productive then. So, I guess hours don't mean much without the mags and RVs and BS to go with it.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I have been faking return visits for years

• Makena1
    Makena1

Never met with any Pubs over suspicious hour reports. However, we were assigned to speak with a sister (history of mental disorders) who was turning in 100's of subscriptions for a few months. Turned out they were all GIFT subscriptions, but she did not know that she had to cover the cost!!

We commended her on wanting to get the mags into so many people's hands, but after we explained the arrangement she quit turning in subs. A few months later she was listing 100's of mags placed - turned out she was leaving 20 at a time at laundry mats.

• Triple A
    Triple A

I guess technically there are all these rules about how to report studies and return visits like you can't count an RV until the third visit, etc. but the average publisher or even pioneer doesn't know the exact rules. Plus, it's not like anyone goes over the rules ever, thus I suspect widespread inaccuracy on this data, maybe even more than time. But hey, if you can't count time accurately, what else can't you count?

So where does someone find the rules to reporting their Works?

Triple A

• TopHat
    TopHat

When I was IN....and wasn't putting in even 1 hour a month....an Elder faked it for me. In all honestly...I told him I hadn't put in any hours, because I can't lie to Jehovah. I think he ask if I had talked to my Hubby about the truth and that was enough for 2 hours on the slip.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit