RIP 1934 -2004

by ScoobySnax 29 Replies latest jw friends

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

After a relatively short battle (5 weeks) My great Aunt died this am at 02:30. Of course she'd been ill much longer, losing weight, but she hated visiting doctors, and never wanted to make a fuss. I saw her on Tuesday, and felt embarrased to stand at her bed as she looked so bad after what the cancer had done to her, reduced her to someone I hardly recognised. What happened to that glamorous woman of not so many years ago, immaculate in every way? Her last words to me a couple of weeks ago were "Well looks like I'm buggered don't it!" No self pity (unlike me) at all. Its awful to say we were all relieved when she did go, even her husband of 50 odd years was glad too.

Every week, tuesdays and fridays like clockwork, she and my uncle went to the local workingmans club for her couple of gin and tonics (or 5!), they're holding the funeral reception there next friday. I'll be sure to have 3 or 4 in her memory, along with the family .

Rest in Peace Beryl.

Scott

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I'm so sorry Scott.

My deepest and sincere condolences.

Chris

• talesin
    talesin

RIP Aunt Beryl

Your suffering is over.

{{{{Scott}}}}

• kls
    kls

I am so sorry, but some times it is best,no more suffering or pain.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Thanks Talesin, KLS, and Chris.

Funny thing was after bringing my uncle back from the hospital this pm to collect the death certificate, he said no tears, she's gone she wouldn't want that.... and if you knew her she wouldn't have.

This pm, I went out and bought a cd single of a record I kept hearing on the radio this last couple of weeks, like everywhere I went, it seemed to be playing, it sort of reminds me of her now. So I played it full blast and had a couple of drinks in memory of her. Its upbeat and a bit like her. > Maroon 5 This Love <

Scott

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Hello. Very sorry about your loss. Cancer is a horrible thing. I am sure you have some neat memories that you will always carry with you about her.

• Corvin
    Corvin

My condolences, friend. I will also have a drink in her honor.

Corvin

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I'm sorry Scott.

• copsec
    copsec

Scott,

So sorry your going through this. Your Aunt sounds she like she was a strong, fun person and you were blessed I am sure to know her. My thoughts are with you

• Sassy
    Sassy

I'm sorry Scoob.. my sympathy for you and your family

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit