Where is the MONEY REALLY GOING? -- Special Assembly Days, etc

by EyeDrEvil 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• eljefe
    eljefe

All of this is the way it was when I stepped down in 1995 here in the U.S. Your mileage may vary.

That's the way it was as of 2003 when I was still doing accounting at assemblies.

I might be wrong but it seems to me that they have NEVER declared a surplus at an assembly.

I told this story before on another thread but here it is again. I was at an assembly that actually had made a profit for all expenses on Saturday. The Assembly Overseer gets a run down of all expenses/contributions. He was in the accounting room and actually had the Accounting Overseer be "creative" and double check all expenses to make sure they weren't missing anything. Well, nothing was missing from the expenses. They ended up announcing that there was still a defecit.

Looking back on that experience reminds of how crooked and money hungry they are. Its weird they would benefit directly from that money, yet they wanted more.

• VM44
    VM44

Hi Blondie

Answered elsewhere, but will repeat.

I can't find the thread where that info was posted before, could you help me find it?

I find this fascinating, that the contribution to the WTS is determinded, and SENT, before the assembly, essentially making it an expense that has to be made up. Quite different from the thinking, which I had once, that the expenses were actual expenses to run the hall, and then anything left would be sent as a contribution.

It is obvious that they WANT people to think as I thought, hence, no breakdown of the costs, like at the Kingdom Halls. Could you imagine the response if they did list the assembly hall "expenses"?

Sending such a contribution in BEFORE the assembly is very presumptuos of the WatchTower Society. It just shows that they are very much a MONEY MAKING business organisation!

And it is just plain rude as well, not informing the people this is how Assembly Hall "Contributions" to the WTS are made.

What would happen if only a handful of people showed up for the assembly? Would they still say they were $5000 short? They would have to!

When it comes to money, it is plain and clear that the Watchtower Society is not up front with it's members, and that they do try to squeeze extra "contributions" from them. (remember the Tacoma Dome Parking Scam?)

--VM44

• blondie
    blondie

VM44, it is the same info on the other thread. I just didn't want people to think I had oldimters disease and was repeating myself all the time. I was talking to Irrev about this today and he said that they use some "formula" to determine how much each circuit will "voluntarily" send to the WTS but won't reveal what the formula is, how they calculate it. My husband handled the finances in several congregations before becoming an elder. He was shocked that there was not detailed accounting to the rank and file at the assemblies. His family has acted as treasurers in their own church for years and the books are open to any member to see. He said they are told by the CO not to go back and tell people in the congregation about the "formula" and how the money to the WTS is preset before Sunday ever dawns.

What would happen if only a handful of people showed up for the assembly? Would they still say they were $5000 short? They probably would!

VM, someone reported here recently about a CA that normally has 1100 in attendance that had only 600 show up. I wonder if they know if that announcement was made?

Yes, it was deceit like this and the lack of love that made us decide to completely stop attending.

Blondie

• VM44
    VM44
    He said they are told by the CO not to go back and tell people in the congregation about the "formula" and how the money to the WTS is preset before Sunday ever dawns

So they indeed do not think the people have a right to know!

What disrespect the WTS shows!

--VM44

• VM44
    VM44

And after they determine what the contribution will be, and send it in, and tack it on as an Assembly Hall "expense", they STILL say that they do not "pass a collection plate"???

And they don't see anything hypocritical about that?

What nerve they have!

--VM44 (whose nerve this info has touched!)

• Think
    Think

Scully thank YOU !

Now we know that JW have nothing to do with Jesus Christ and the Bible but this is evil MONEY-POWER grabbing wordly corporations hidding behind RELIGION.

• Think
    Think

Absolutly dishonest, pure rip off !!!

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Ok, question. It is stated here that Assembly deficits will cause a letter to the congregations to make it up and if the congregations don't cover the CO's expenses then he reports it to Brooklyn.

What then happens to the congregations if they don't do anything?

• ReligionOfHatred
    ReligionOfHatred

Hey All, looks like we had a rough rate of inflation since 2005 with Oil near $100 a barrell, other costs greatly reduced as a side effect of price deflation, yet the Special One Day are up $5000 from 2005, that's almost a 80% increase. What you need to realize is when I was doing the Auditing Work and helping with these One Day Brag-A-thons, they were not getting no where near the amount they were screaming for.

It's a financial fund raising trick as old as the Hills, they ask for $11,600 and perhaps they get $5600 to $7000 hitting the internal targets they figured would pay for all their large donations they promised the Friends would make!

• ReligionOfHatred
    ReligionOfHatred
    Where is the money going? Its helping all the Refugees find homes, get food and make the Watchtower look like they actually care about their fellow human beings, that's why things are so expensive, their helping the needy and being a great neighbor for all to see their good deeds, right?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit