What's the craziest thing you ever heard at the Kingdom Hall or Assembly?

by Mr Ben 32 Replies latest jw friends

• baysixforme
    baysixforme

I used to go to Hellerby and can remember an idiot M.S. from our congregation being on the platform speaking of the dangers of T.V.

At the conclusion of his extremely animated talk he tried to sum up by delivering an admonition to be carefull about T.V. viewing and told the audience to WATCH IT!

There was an uproar of nervous laughter, stifled gigles and uncomfortable coughs as the M.S. realised what he had said and hit his brow with the palm of his hand and walked off the platform.

I don't recall him ever being invited to speak again.

Bay64me

• baysixforme
    baysixforme

I also rememer a circuit overseer telling our congregation that certain childrens videos contained demonic subliminal messages. This included The Little Mermaid and a couple of others that were popular at the time, I forget right now, (my memories are fading and I'm glad)! The content of which, (he stated), were too disgusting to even speak about and certainly couldn't be mentioned in the Kingdom Hall.

Loads of kids were either really freaked out over this or extremely curious and wouldn't stop asking questions about what it was that they weren't allowed to see....obviously his ill-thought out comments provoked mass interest in the very thing that he was hoping to discourage....... for whatever reason! Dickhead!

• blondie
    blondie
    I also rememer a circuit overseer telling our congregation that certain childrens videos contained demonic subliminal messages. This included The Little Mermaid and a couple of others that were popular at the time, I forget right now, (my memories are fading and I'm glad)! The content of which, (he stated), were too disgusting to even speak about and certainly couldn't be mentioned in the Kingdom Hall.

This was a "worldly" urban legend he bought into.

http://www.snopes.com/disney/films/minister.htm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit