What's the craziest thing you ever heard at the Kingdom Hall or Assembly?

by Mr Ben 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Badger
    Badger

The question remains unanswered...WHY would Leeds fans go to a convention?

Then again...with the year they just had...

• willyloman
    willyloman

Easy. "Beware the Voice of a Stranger" at last summer's district convo.

• Mr Ben
    Mr Ben

Badger, the Leeds Utd football shop was open on Fridays & Saturdays, and we had to allow access to fans if they wanted to enter the grounds to go to the shop.

Willyoman, what was "Beware the Voice of a Stranger" ?

• Belmont
    Belmont

DO William Bull saying at a circuit assembly in the early 70s "By the fall of 1975 we shall be in the new order". CO Thomas Lynch saying sisters should not wear black - too Worldly! Assembly speaker Phil Clark counselling school-leavers 40 years ago - "Why train for a job in this system of things soon to end? Choose a job with a future - pioneering." Those youngsters who took that advice are now retired grandparents on the breadline.

• blondie
    blondie

Mr Ben let me introduce you to fine site. That talk is listed on it as well as other eye-opening quotes from WT publications.

http://quotes.watchtower.ca/bewarethevoiceofstrangers.htm

Blondie

• tazmaniac
    tazmaniac

How about being told that we shouldnt have the internet and then 2 weeks later it is announced that he society has a website.

• oscar
    oscar

All to funny ,I am lol reading these memories of crazy comments yesterday the co and an elder visited me to invite me to a special talk,anyway the CO gave me an illustration how going to the meetings is like diving for pearls, that the meetings are the fresh air we need when we come up for that gasp of air and that regular meeting attendance is like wearing oxygen bottles because we have a steady air supply to survive in this system of things I had to hold in my laughter it was too much.Where do they come up with these illustrations?

• Mary
    Mary
    The guy in charge of food (when they made meals) actually made any sister who wanted to work in the canteen kneel down before him.

Believe me, it wasn't so he could measure the length of their dresses that he made them do this.

• willy_think
    willy_think

the Craziest thigs I heard are: The WT is the Faithful and Dixscreet Slave. That there is a modern King of the North. There is a morden day Babylon, Great harlet, Jesus came back "invisibly" to say keep up the good work boys,(ofcourse no testimony to this world shattering event was ever published, so much for "the good news," maybe the Catholics have it locked away in the secret underground Vatican vaults where they hide all the proof that the WT is Gods Org.) That JWs are perscuted for the "truth," etc.....and That the Bible is full of references to the WT and their "works." I could go on all day but let me stop before I start rambling off everything I heard spoken.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Here are a few additional comments I heard to add to the list

We will inhabit other planets after Armageddon. A substitute CO made this comment. This comment was repeated many times after that by speakers.

Lack of faith equals wickedness.

"We don?t think we have the truth?..We KNOW we have the truth." This was said last week by the CO. The funny thing is several people started clapping.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit