If things turn ugly for the Western world, will you run back to "Mother"?

by True North 36 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

The only 'mother' I'm running back to is Mother Earth.

Got a hundred acres, hardwood stand on a hill overlooking a stillwater lake, back in the deep country. Someday, I'll build a dwelling there, if not on the small oceanfront piece. Should be safe, if the blackflies don't eat me alive!

talesin

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

Even if I could be convinced that JWs have it right (which I can't be) I would not go back. Ever since I was 12 years old I've known that I'd rather be dead than spend eternity with those people following their rules.

• blondie
    blondie

Nope, I don't need a human go-between.

Blondie

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

i'm looking forward to that silly cow being raped.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny
    Watchtower Apocalyptic Infatuation The first rule of survival in a crisis:NEVER LOSE YOUR SITUATIONAL OBJECTIVITY. Example:If you survive a plane crash in the remote wilderness,always stay with the wreckage.Do not wander off in an attempt to reach civilization.They may find your bones picked clean by wolves. Ex JW cult SITUATIONAL OBJECTIVITY:The central core doctrine of the WT is that Jesus Christ came to power in the year 1914.This is a lie! The watchtower is not a lifeboat.It is a plagiarizing pirate ship that was scuttled before it ever even left the dock.

Are You Agitated?

Are You a Christian? Matthew 10:28-29 28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell. 29 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny [ 1 ] ? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father.
  • Undecided
    Undecided

SaintSatan, I thought the same as you when I read the subject line.

Ken P.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

As other posters said, why would I return to an abusive mother now that I know her for what she is?

When I was seventeen I expected the imminent destruction of the world, or at least the damnation of my country, which was then up to its ass in the Vietnam War. I retreated into a cult; we all know which one.

Eight years ago I woke up and left.

Today the political situation is very much as it was when I was seventeen. The same bitterness, the same fear, the same despair - mixed with more hope, because I can see the victories the old civil rights rabble-rousers attained as well as their defeats. We did the impossible (recycling, integration, voting rights, expose Watergate) before - we're still doing it (progress toward medical marijuana and gay marriage) - and we can do it again (reclaim patriotism for progressives; unmuzzle the media again; throw the rascals out!).

So I have nostalgia, rather than religious self-deceit, to soften the blows.

GentlyFeral

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit