Intro and anyone from SE Texas?

by pennycandy 30 Replies latest jw friends

• pennycandy
    pennycandy

Hi, guys. I've occasionally lurked around here for a year or so but have visited more frequently lately so I thought it time I intro myself. I was a 3rd gen JW, married to a JW for many years, divorced, remarried a non-JW, and am now raising little non-JW's. My family is still in, except two of my siblings are inactive. I'm doing the fade-away thing, succesfully so far, which is surprising considering I talk to my mom and siblings regularly. My mom always talks about meetings and the "friends", but rarely asks me questions about my own involvment. I assume she just thinks I'm being lazy in not going to meetings, and maybe if she keeps mentioning the "truth", I'll feel guilty enough to grow up and do what I should be doing. After all, I've got kids whose everlasting lives are in my hands!

Anyway, I consider myself a born-again Christian and am coming to know God in a positive, personal way I never thought possible. I love reading all the different views and opinions on this forum and have learned something from everyone. Before going to Cruzenheart and Big Tex's a few weeks ago, the only apostate I'd ever met was Elsewhere, who by the way is my cousin. Yo, Elsewhere! To my surprise, I didn't see any horns or thunder and lightening or 666's anywhere. Just warm, friendly people who really know how to eat crawfish!

I've been out for three years now and never knew life could be so good. I still have issues, of course, but think I have been able to move on pretty well, considering.

Forgive me if I seem ignorant of current threads or ask questions already answered. I have three little ones and they give me little time to surf the net. Also forgive me for not giving too much personal information. My family means a lot to me and I hope to avoid the shunning that so many of you good people have to endure. You definitely have my sympathies and support.

Boy, I never realized I could shrink my complicated life down to such a small nutshell. Anyway, I may not be able to post very often, but I hope I can occasionally have something to offer you guys.

Is anyone where from SE Texas? Maybe I grew up with somebody here.

• Valis
    Valis

Hiya penny! Welcome to the forum...and although you might be related to Elsewhere, we'll allow you to stick around...*LOL* Really though, glad to have you here and look forward to hearing more from you.

SIncerely,

District Overbeer

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Hey, I am from Houston..

Did I hear right???!!! You are related to Elsewhere?!?!?!?

This board is about to have a lot of fun!

Welcome and glad to have you here!

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Welcome Penny.I am Undaunted yankee doodle Danny and I hail from Bangor Maine. www.DannyHaszard.com

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Welcome Penny!!

In just 2 days, about 50 or so apostates from all over the country but mostly TEXAS are converging on Dallas. Check out the "Dallas Apostafest threads" and you might get some idea of all the Apostatexans here.

• edge3
    edge3

Hey there.

I live in Cypress TX. That's just on the northwest edge of Houston.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Welcome to the forum Pennycandy!!!

Remember when penny candy really was only a penny, now it is a dime!!!

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

post kind of messed up..

Anyways I live in houston right this moment. Glad to see that your doing ok and have kids and everything. Glad your finding a good way to reach God these days also. Hope to see more posts from you always glad to see a new person.

• Obviously Secret
  • Mulan
    Mulan

My son in law is from Austin. Is that SE Texas? I don't have a map.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit