Strange Phone Call

by Bendrr 44 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Oh my God what a small world if this happens to be true. Bendrr, I think your sister Toomer may have ended up going to my hall here in Texas the past couple of years. Helping with her daughter? I believe. She has to be in her late 80's, speaks out her answers so loud she doesn't really need the mike, kinda looking around at the audience as she answers (a mini talk). Sweet sister, I think one of the few people who really didn't see my beard the first time they saw me.

• SlayerLayer
    SlayerLayer

Oh my God! Dana, I grew up with Don and Erlene! In fact, Don and my dad were best friends, and my brothers and myself always refered to them as Uncle Don and Aunt Erlene! Clay and Cheryl MacMahon live here too, and their son Shawn is my brother's best friend.

Nancy's sister Edna and my mom are real close. When I was like 10 or so I had the biggest crush on her daughter Erica.

Anyhoo, just wanted to let you know that when I was little, I actually considered my self to be Erlene's nephew. Does that make us cousins?

P.S. I'm originaly from Albany, GA. You guys know anyone from there?

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Hey sixofnine, if her daughter's name is Georgia then it's shirlene toomer and if so give her a big hug for me. Is her husband George with her?
    Slayer, I knew the Dyers family from Albany. Was totally in love with their daughter Rebecca.
    mike.

Expect nothing and you will never be disappointed,

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

danny, anytime you want buddy. let me know in advance and instead of pork chops, i'll have a brisket marinating for 2 days in italian dressing with my secret ingredient. (ok, the secret ingredient is chivas regal scotch so now i'll have to kill you cause you know too much)
    it's funny how you mentioned historic homes because when i left my ex-girlfriend in our "historic trailer" i got a cool apartment in a 175 year old house right smack dab in the historic district of macon.

Expect nothing and you will never be disappointed,

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Slayer,

How wild! So do you still live near my aunt and uncle? Actually, they are some of the best of the bunch...and I miss them. You probably know quite a few of the other members of my family up there...do you know my grandmother, Audrey? She's lived with Uncle Don and Aunt Erline for years now. When I was 18, I visited them for a couple of the weeks...bottled purple stuff in a shed up the hill from the KH...funny to think that I may have met you (assuming that you were there at the time..this would have been around 83 or 84). Small world eh?
    Dana

"A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born."
    Antoine de Saint-Exupery

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Bendrr,

You sir have just added the finishing touch to my own special lamb marinade, I have used French's Italian oil dressing for years as part of a secret receipe. AHAh Chivas Regal a bourbon man's bourbon. I think I will risk your ire, and add a shot or two to my next bbq. Glad your 3000 miles away, that way I don't have to look over my shoulder wilst turning the grill!

Thanks again for the invite. You and I share some similar interests, I can already tell.

Thanks Mike.

• SlayerLayer
    SlayerLayer

Dana!!! This so wild!I love Grandma Audrey to death! She is the sweetest lady in the world! I always called her Grandma. And she thought of me as her grandson! I think that I have actually met you! I remember back around 83 or 84 meeting some of their relatives, but the memory is faint. Gotta love that purp0le stuff huh? LOL What a small world!!!!!

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Slayer....ah, too cool! I love my grandmother Audrey too...in fact, being cut off from her, Don and Erline, and a few others of my family still hurts me...I love them very dearly. Hey, if you'd like, would you email me? The safe4kids box is open and I would dearly love to find out who else of my family you know...and btw, my Aunt Edna was one of my favorite aunts growing up...she, Erline, and Nancy are all my mom's sisters. And Erica was (I'm guessing still is) a beautiful, sweet girl. Ah geez, Slayer...now you've made me a bit nostalgic for them!
    Dana

• think41self
    think41self

Slayer,

How wild that you know my Aunt Erline and Uncle Don..and Grandma Audrey. Dana is right, they are the best of the bunch in our screwed up family.

You mentioned Clay and Cheryl McMahan, Clay is my cousin...and I gotta warn you...he is one screwed up pervert. I wouldn't let your kids spend the night over there if you still live near them. Cheryl is a sweet girl, but co-dependent as hell and wouldn't pull her own child out of the fire if the elders or her husband told her not to.

My cousin Erica is still a beautiful girl...but alas, we will not stay in touch. Her mother, my Aunt Edna, has been married and df'd so many times, even I can't keep up. Very screwed up family. I'm with Dana, now I miss my grandma a little bit...oh well....

If you still live anywhere near them, that means you also live near my mom and dad and brother. If so, her name is Penny and his name is John. While my mom is sweet....my brother is a psycho....so you are forewarned. God, it's a small world!! Pretty cool

Tracy

• SlayerLayer
    SlayerLayer

Tracy,
    I forgot that you are Dana's sister! How cool is this! I've never cared much for Clay. I think he is very arrogant. Did you know that Sean got married? So did Rob. Rob married Beth Matthews (Don's sister).

I haven't see Erica in a very long time, but Summer has grown up to be sooo beautiful. She is sweet too. She always speaks to me, even though I'm d'fd.

I've never met your mom or dad. Are they still witnesses?

Dana,
    I miss Don and Erline too. They are great people. When I was 10, they took me to New York with them to visit Bethel. We camped out up there for a week. It was so much fun.

I'll email you later, I'm about to go to the movies!
    This is all too cool!

Bendrr,
    OMG! this small world of ours is getting too cool! I use to be in LOVE with Rebecca!!!! Her cousin Van Montgomery and I were best friends. Steve was cool too. Rebecca and I share the exact same birthday. We always thought that was pretty cool.

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit