JWD is the top rated site

by Big Tex 61 Replies latest forum announcements

• onacruse
    onacruse

HS:

There is life after the JWs.

What seems to be more to the point with some at least, is whether there is life after XJW's. Obssession and dysfunction is an inheritance from cult life, sometimes one can see this highlighted only too well in the fact that XJW Boards are set up with the specific intent of damaging other XJW's

Yes.

But if I may focus on what you say about "obsession and dysfunction":

ExJWism is an "ism" in it's own way, and potentially just as dysfunctionally obsessive as what we say/wish/demand that we've finally discarded.

Rather like eating supper from the same plate as yesterday...the only difference being that yesterday the peas were on the left side of the plate, and tonight they're on the right side; same peas, same plate.

Craig

• Simon
    Simon
    XJW Boards are set up with the specific intent of damaging other XJW's

Yes, although this is not particularly unique. If you go on forums for discussion forum owners (yes, they exist!) then you find that whatever the subject everyone has the same problems. People are unreasonable, people start vendettas over rediculous 'slights' and people setup alternate sites as some kind of retaliation if they are booted after constantly breaking rules and being disruptive.

I think with the ExJW world there are some who have a particular problem and issues possibly due to the "JW Nature" but it isn't unique to ExJWism. What happens though is that their sites, not surprisingly, attact other whingers and moaners and they end up just having an ongoing bitchfest and feeding off each others negativity. Like leaving the WTS, if you become filled with hate and thirsty for revenge it just makes you bitter and twisted.

But who cares ... ignore em and let em waste their lives and their time! (thought I must admit to laughing at their antics from time to time).

I just can't understand what the problem is with some people. We have certain rules and standards on this site. If people don't want to abide by them and think they are wrong ... fine, they can just go elsewhere! We're not going to lower our standards just because a few obnoxious people don't like to be civil.

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

From Big Tex:

we as mods are actually paying you $50 a month

Sorry Simon, forgot this month's fee. I'll put the check in the mail. Usual address?

Simon: "The Count of Money Chris Dough"

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Craig,

ExJWism is an "ism" in it's own way, and potentially just as dysfunctionally obsessive as what we say/wish/demand that we've finally discarded.

Exactly, that was the point I made. Swapping dysfunctionality within boundaries, to dysfunctionality without them, ends up in one place : dysfunctionality.

Best regards - HS

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Simon,

I just can't understand what the problem is with some people. We have certain rules and standards on this site. If people don't want to abide by them and think they are wrong ... fine, they can just go elsewhere! We're not going to lower our standards just because a few obnoxious people don't like to be civil.

I think this is where XJW's may be slightly different from other sites set up to attack the sites that they were booted from. The perception of having been dealt with by 'elders' - moderators, who are trying to set up a 'Kingdom Hall' - a site that requires codes of behavior is indicative of the fact that you can take the boy from the cult, but it is much harder to take the cult from the boy. This is a unique set of criteria that is being set as the standard for these complaints, though the reaction may be similar to non XJW sites.

I have to say, that some of the nastiest and most spiteful people I have seen on the Internet have been XJW's defending their 'Truth'.

Best regards - HS

• RevMalk
    RevMalk
    I have to say, that some of the nastiest and most spiteful people I have seen on the Internet have been XJW's defending their 'Truth'.

I'd have to agree with this for myself as well.

Rev

• Englishman
    Englishman
    I think this is where XJW's may be slightly different from other sites set up to attack the sites that they were booted from. The perception of having been dealt with by 'elders' - moderators, who are trying to set up a 'Kingdom Hall' - a site that requires codes of behavior is indicative of the fact that you can take the boy from the cult, but it is much harder to take the cult from the boy.

It's my experience that this usually occurs amongst comparitively new ex's.

Once ex's have spent a few years in the real world and become mature individuals, the nastiness fades away from most of them. A few seem to get permanently stuck, but most become pleasant individuals with the passage of time.

My biggest concern is that the nastier sites are playing right into the hands of the Watchtower. They typify the "Evil Slave" concept which suits the elders at Brooklyn right down to the ground.

Englishman.

• RevMalk
    RevMalk
    My biggest concern is that the nastier sites are playing right into the hands of the Watchtower. They typify the "Evil Slave" concept which suits the elders at Brooklyn right down to the ground.

I emphatically agree with this. I remember once a couple of years ago I said something to this effect to someone on the board that was acting like a real ass. They agreed but said they didn't care one way or another. I guess that's what makes the world spin.

Rev

• Englishman
    Englishman
    I remember once a couple of years ago I said something to this effect to someone on the board that was acting like a real ass. They agreed but said they didn't care one way or another. I guess that's what makes the world spin.

I guess it's easy to act like an ass. Doesn't take any effort. It makes me feel sorry for the guys who spend so much time doing painstaking research to help wavering dubs out, only to have the results of their efforts spoiled by folk who have still to develop a sense of community.

I think that Ex-Pat once posted a thread on the subject.

Englishman.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

The Internet's greatest strength, its ability to give every person an equal voice, is also its greatest weakness.

Spotty adolescents can pretend to be handsome millionaires, seven stone weaklings can become power-pressers, the plain Jane, a femme fatale, the person in a dead end job can become the company owner, the feeble minded an on-line bully, at least in their own minds. Discussion Boards can be the territory of fantasy and JWD is not immune to such things.

HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit