Do you think people are amazed you left?

by Sassy 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Sassy
    Sassy

whether you have been disfellowshipped, or disasociated yourself or just slowly are fading or inactive...

or even are still there at the hall attending due to family..

Do you think that when you were at your 'strongest as a believer' that anyone would have guessed how you feel about the WTS now?

I know for me, even though I missed meetings on and off through the years, I sure never ever expected I would quit.. give it up..and I know people are shocked..

What about you?

• copsec
    copsec

I don't think it shocked anyone when I left. I was always VERY vocal about how I felt.

• patio34
    patio34

What a good question, Sassy!

I never thought much about it, but yeah, I think people were surprised that I left. I was always one of the ones (probably obnoxious ones!) that studied a lot (because I was pretty bored, I guess) and answered a lot.

Then just faded away. No, I didn't fade away--I just stopped cold.

But they probably thought I faded because I was sick a lot (cancer) for two years prior to leaving. Lol, that's one silver lining of cancer: I got away from meetings and the "brainwashing," and started thinking!

Pat

• kls
    kls

No i don't think so, i was actually a bad influence. You could say i was pretty wild ,hung with some bikers ,the Outlaws and Hinchmen. It was hard for me to be mild i guess you could say so i think they were glad i left. They just could not get them Demons out of me.

• Special K
    Special K

I think for some of the people we (husband and I) knew I think the amazement..is that we never ever went back to being a J.W.

I have only set foot in the Kingdom Hall once since being d'fd.. for 1 hour and that really turned me off even further from the J.W.'s.. It was a funeral that I was requested to attend.

sincerely

Special K

• blondie
    blondie

Some yes, some no.

• Mulan
    Mulan

We've heard they were shocked.

• minimus
    minimus

Amazed, astonished, bewildered and still unable to grasp that the Witness religion S-U-C-K-S !!!!

• Nikita
    Nikita

Yes, I think they were probably shocked when I did the fade thing, even more shocked when they found out I was marrying someone of another faith-a minister's son, no less!

Nikita

BTW, just wanted to add that they chose to announce that I was disassociating myself by my own actions.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Yes..........but, my husband made sure that they heard enough crap about me to make them all be glad I was gone. Some believed him, one, a very good girlfriend, told my mom to watch out which elders she talked to, cuz, stuff was being told about my committee meeting and other things. The neatest thing was when people would come up to her and ask her how I was, she could honestly say I was much happier..........and I was! Yeah, Mom!!

Terri

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit