Do You Think Your Family & Friends Will Ever Get Out Of The Religion??

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Brummie
    Brummie

My moms side of the family are hardliners, elders etc, I try not to give up hope but it wears pretty thin.

Brummie

• Larry
    Larry

When Hell freezes over!

Well, maybe the younger ones, just maybe.

LL :)

• minimus
    minimus

Hey! I've been to Hell. I didn't think it was that great either.....too small a place.

• M.J.
    M.J.

I'm daunted by the fact that a certain loved one put their life on the line by refusing a transfusion and physically suffered greatly for it. From what I have read, the greater the "investment" or personal sacrifices, the greater the emotional bond is to the group/cause.

• lolipopp
    lolipopp

It would bring me incomparable joy to know my son, his wife and family have finally opened their eyes and made a positive commitment to get away. It would be difficult for my son and his wife. If their children and their family came out as well it would be easier for all of them, they lean heavily on each other. Since they do not communicate with me, all I can do is have hope and pray.

If they never do seek release, it is my hope that they have enought love to get a favorable judgement fomr my Lord Jesus.

There are those who have what is needed to get out regardless of how many years they were in but some are needy and have filled that need in the regimented life provided in that closed society. While I was in for over 30 years, it took me 15 of those years separating and making the final break.

I will continue to pray for strength for those who decide NO MORE.

• tazmaniac
    tazmaniac

I dont have many in but the few seem to be slowing down. Some I think could hear the message from the platform that the WT is wrong and always has been wrong but they would still sit their and wait thinking that it was a test from Jehovah.

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

I thought my family WAS all out. But I was told that my mother is going to meetings again, despite the fact that she was the one who repeatedly told me that Jehovah's Witnesses were in a cult, despite the fact that she has a degree in psychology, and despite the fact that she came across a paper by a psychologist who is ex-JW, who outlined everything that is wrong with the society, agreed with it, and showed it to an elder!

But then, she did grow up attending the services of another group many people consider a cult.

Ya just never know.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

When Prophecies Fail A Sociological Perspective on Failed Expectation in the Watchtower Society by Randall Watters [cognitive dissonance] http://www.freeminds.org/psych/propfail.htm

DANNY CALLS THIS CULT PHENOMENON; "JUSTIFICATION OF SOUR GRAPES".

The hard line argument they have always had is:"Jehovah is STILL using this organization".

No matter what this is STILL Jehovah's Organization.

You got that right!

JWs and Occultic Activity

Jehovah is a Jinn

• booker-t
    booker-t

I remember an elder that I knew when I was growing up JW. This elder was so serious and strict that I would tremble just being out in field service with him. I thought he was so zealous. I had him on a high pedistal that even the apostles could not have been on in my mind. Well years went by after I had left the WTS and one day I went into a church with an ex-jw friend of mine who had invited me and lo and behold I saw this elder's daughter at the church service. I nearly fell out of my chair because I was in a state of shock that she was there. She had been baptized as a JW at the age 14 and her whole family were zealous JW's. After the church service I tried to run out of there without her seeing me (even though I was disassociated) I still felt the JW guilt. But she caught up with me and hugged me and we talked for 2 hours after service. She told me that her father (the strict elder I mentioned) left JW's and wanted nothing more to do with them. She also informed me that her father hates the JW's and suffered a slight nervous breakdown. I was just too shocked to say a word. She told me that she married a non-JW and the JW's were given her a hard time so she just left the JW's and never went back. She was shocked that I was no longer a JW because she knew my family from the time we both were preteens. We are both in our late 30's and the last time I saw her was in the year 1976 or 1977. I finally realized that many JW's even the most staunchiest JW probably have doubts or questions about the WTS but just keep their mouthes closed. I found out through this girl that many of the JW's that I had grown up with either were disfellowshipped or disassociated from the JW's. It is a very hard life to live as a JW and many JW just get tired of it.

• minimus
    minimus

I'm starting to think that most of the JWs I know will NOT come out of the spell.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit