My Gay Life

by joelbear 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Thank you for your story, Joel Bear

I am looking for a person I knew in Ft.Worth in the mid 70's, I will PM you his name.

Why ? I am so very ashamed...when I was a Witness back then, I helped get him disfellowshipped by turning in one of my closest friends (him) when I found out he was Gay.

Yep, I was a good dubbie. Maybe I did him a favor by getting him 'out' of the JW's, but, I know I also traumatised him, too. I have always worried that he commited suicide, as he did fight depression, also.

I heaped a lot more on his plate...I owe him an apology

• Swan
    Swan

Beautifully written!

• Corvin
    Corvin

SwordofJah, thanks for sharing this week's Bible reading with us. What's your point?

Corvin

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

SOJ

If you feel that strongly about alternative lifestyles, start your own thread. Otherwise, leave joelbear's thread alone.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Joel, thanks for sharing your story with us. It is very heartbreaking to hear about all the lost years you had trying so hard to fight what the JW's taught you to believe was wrong. I grew up with two homosexual guys, one was an elder's son, one was my cousin, and your story just confirms to me that most gay people , know they are gay from a very early age, as did the two I grew up with. Of course, back then ,,,,,,,also the early 80's , it was not something they admitted and they tried to hide the best they could. Now they are out and living life, happy and free.

Again thanks Joel for telling that story,,,,,, you never know if your story might inspire other active JW's who are suffering in silence, to stand up for who they are. Even thou it was not easy for you at first, getting d/f and all,,,,,,,,,look at you today....you are finally free to be who you really are., Dede

• Fleur
    Fleur

thank you big tex for not allowing anyone to pollute this wonderful thread! I hate thread hijacking of that sort :( thank you, thank you!!!

(((((((((more hugs for joel!))))))))))

fleur

• Perry
    Perry

For all the pain that you've been through, in many ways you're lucky to now have understanding and peace.

My very best friend and roommate when I was a dub was gay. We were very close on many different levels. At the time, he didn't know it and I surely didn't. We had a blast together doing a lot of socializing with singles and pioneering. When he later got disfellowshipped, he lied to me about what it was about. We stayed in contact during his DF'ing but I finally figured it out and literally demanded he fly to see me and level with me. We were that close.

He did right after his reinstatement and I just kept telling him to accept it. (I was still a dub and stopped there) He didn't.

We got together a couple years ago, had a blast for the weekend, but he was still "looking for the right girl". Made me sick.

• SwordOfJah
    SwordOfJah

I was a bit surprised to see my message was deleted. It's interesting that I did not comment, but only quoted scriptures for Joel to read. Shows me that Satan's servants are hard at work in ignoring and deleting scriptures.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    It's interesting that I did not comment, but only quoted scriptures for Joel to read. Shows me that Satan's servants are hard at work in ignoring and deleting scriptures.

You don't think Joel has already had those scriptures quoted to at him many times before?

I don't think many here would not be able to find them, were they looking for them - but I suppose you've got to get your hours in before the end of the month. Do the Elders at your Hall count hours spent on apostate discussion boards, SOJ?

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

Joel,

Thank you for taking time to share your story. In a time when there is so much hatred, violence and terror in the world, it's good to hear of love prevailing in the end. Stories like yours give me hope that my partner and I can make it 10, 15, 25, 50 years together. Congratulations on the life you've built with Mitch.

Country

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit