AOL SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Stefanie 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

This is my now scared look!!!

• desib77
    desib77

It may have just been our situation (the home office thing) and our local branch. You'll probably do fine with road runner.

Desi

• Prisila
    Prisila

OK, don't ponce on me but . . . I LOVE AOL!!! I've never had problems!!! I've been a faithful customer since 1997.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Prisila, I am glad you dont have problems with them. And For the longest time, years even I didnt have any problems either.

I was trying to cancel my sub to them yesterday, and the guy on the phone was saying that I could have a free month to try with my broadband. I told him no way!

"but its free" he said. "I dont care, you dont give me english speaking people to help me with my tech problems" I said to him.

I did find out yesterday when the road runner guy was here, that the 888 tech numbers arent even in the states. They have people working in other countries for cheap, and thats why everytime when I call for tech assistance they can hardly speak english! That sucks...

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I haven't had an AOL account in years until recently, when I decided to take advantage of one of their "free" offers to see if anything had changed. Since I didn't see anything on AOL worth paying for, I decided to cancel the account before the free period expired. I find it interesting that, while AOL makes much hay of the fact that there is so much you can do online using their service, the one thing you can't do online is cancel your AOL account - that you have to do by phone. And when you call, the reason for that becomes obvious - they have obnoxious customer service reps whose sole purpose in life is to pressure you into not quitting. I had to argue with the guy for over 20 minutes before he would finally cancel the account. He kept telling me that I hadn't explored it fully enough, and that he'd give me another month to do so. I insisted over and over again that I had seen enough, and just wanted to cancel. It actually got to be a rather hostile conversation - I was getting royally ticked off at this moron (who, by the way, did speak good English). After much debating and aggravation, I finally got what I wanted, and you can be sure I'll never consider signing up for AOL again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit