Beautiful Artwork to Look at!

by Dolllie 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Dolllie
    Dolllie

We were discussing this on a previous post! I just had a chance to look at the "April 8, 2004" Awake, with several articles on Moses>

Again, I must say, speaking as an artist & an art teacher at the college level, "this pictures/drawings are of excellent quality"

The cover is nicely done, the ones on pages 9 & 10 are great too! The "montone" one in shades of brown on page 10 is my favorite. And there is a great "art history" refernce to an Egyptian tomb panting on page 7.

I have not read the entire article yet(I am not a Witness), BUT the "quality" of the pictures/drawings really sells it! It got me to look at the Awake.

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

LOL

If you really want to see Art go here:

The Louvre

http://www.louvre.fr/louvrea.htm

Cassi, amazed at the tactics! lmao

• logansrun
    logansrun

Well I suppose there exists beutiful Nazi artwork but that is hardly a reason to praise them.

Bradley

• IronGland
    IronGland

I remember as a dub being told that 'wasn't it amazing they we have the worlds greatest artists and musicians at bethel?"

• Larry
    Larry

Would someone post that pic in the Awake, particularly the "Egyptian tomb panting on page 7."

Thanks - LL.

• Dolllie
    Dolllie

I have no "scanner", so I can't post a pic."

• Flash
    Flash

Hellooo Dolliee

I have not read the entire article yet(I am not a Witness), BUT the "quality" of the pictures/drawings really sells it! It got me to look at the Awake.

I would like say...Worship Jehovah but keep your distance from His people. At this point in time they are very narrow and controling, using fear, guilt and self doubt in all forms against the congregation regularly. Thinking on your own...really on your own, is not acceptable with them.

• Ciara
    Ciara
    pictures/drawings really sells it! It got me to look at the Awake

That's unfortunate for you. Witnesses have to "sell" pretty pictures because the articles lack any depth. Same principle as Playboy if you think about it.

Ciara

• Puternut
    Puternut

This is more my kinda art........

• stichione
    stichione

Peternut,

Mine too...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit