What kind of video games do you play?

by dustyb 28 Replies latest social entertainment

• dustyb
    dustyb

I play PC games for the most part. I'm still in the old Counter-Strike mode. but i also like to play Unreal Tournament 2003 and 2004. I also like Battlefield 1942/Vietnam and Farcry.

I would recommend the Athlon 64 or FX(if you gots lots of cash) series from AMD over a pentium, since they run 32 stuff fast now and can do 64 bit when the production version is released. Some games like Far Cry and a few others are even optimized for 64 bit supposedly.

somebody said that in one of my earlier posts. i don't like the 64 bit processors because nothing supports 64 bit atm. no 64 bit cards, and hardly any 64 bit programs.

anyways. i am a FPS kind of guy. i can rock anyone in unreal and counter-strike..... =D if you wanna play, just PM me. just have to wiat until i get my new computer because right now my laptop is fried and my cousin's video card recently went fubar on him.

• Sirius Dogma
    Sirius Dogma

hey dusty,

cool I play BF1942 under the handle '[JPP] Major Mayhem' and BF Vietnam under '[JPP] Aoxomoxoa'. mostly playing planetside these days and just started playing farcry, and play AOM-TT sometimes too. doom3 in a few weeks. been thinking of picking up unreal 2004

no 64 bit cards, and hardly any 64 bit programs.
    they have a beta version of windoze for 64bit, other than that all you need are drivers for your devices. the reason to get a 64bit proc is this. right now an intel 3G and amd 64 3000 cost exaclty the same price, the only difference is the amd does both 32bit and 64bit, the intel only 32bit. when 64 is released it will be much faster and better for games. so if you only plan on keeping this computer for 6 months, it wont matter what you get, if you plan to keep it longer, i would go with an amd 64.
  • stephoness
    stephoness

Final Fantasy XI Online

Server: Fenrir

Toon Name: Stevie

Come and get me! ;)

• Sirius Dogma
    Sirius Dogma

stephoness -

What do you think of FFXI I played FFX and loved it and a bit of FFX2. I have heard some really good things about FFXI but don't want to give my life over totally to another MMORPG. Do you need to group to get good xp and lewt? How long does it take to level, how big is world(s)? How does it compare to other MMORPG's. How long do you play at one time and how long do you have to play get anything accomplished?

Thanks.

Sirius

• dustyb
    dustyb

lineage 2 rox btw.... and unreal 2004 is just totally tits (even tho its 6 gigs)...

• Brummie
    Brummie

I completed all the 4 medal of honour series...addicted.

Now playing "Final doom"

Brummie

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Brummie how do you ever manage to play so many games, what with the whole not have any thumbs thing

• Special K
    Special K

My kids play

PS 2... Socom Navy Seal. online

Runescape.. online (computer)

Tibia.. online (computer)

Special K

• stephoness
    stephoness

>Do you need to group to get good xp and lewt?

It helps a lot. At higher levels it is very difficult to train solo unless you are a BST (Beastmaster it's an advanced job). But for the most part I've had good luck finding parties and usually have no trouble advancing in levels.

>How long does it take to level, how big is world(s)?

The higher your level, the more exp you need to advance. You can get to level 10 pretty much in one night if you are the type of person who likes to play for a few hours at a time. The world is pretty huge, with 3 main cities (and several sub cities along with a couple new cities in the expansion pack coming out). The cool thing is that there are a large number of Japanese players and there is a translator function so you can play with them.

>How does it compare to other MMORPG's.

The best one I've ever played, and I've played a few huge online games.

>How long do you play at one time and how long do you have to play get anything accomplished?

You can get things accomplished almost right away, but it will take approximately 6 months of daily playing to finish most of the quests and missions. Plus they keep adding more and more features. This game is one that won't get old or boring very quickly. I've been playing for months and I still loooooooove it!

Anymore questions? I'll be happy to answer them. And if you start playing FFXI let me know I'll get you a World Pass so you can be on the same server as I am and we can play together.

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

My 13 year old grandson beat FFX and is close to beating FFX2...So is this grown-up games?...

He enjoyed reading the posts though...

I guess he is pretty smart huh?

Golden Girl..bragging...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit