Coincidences?

by Agent 1 of 1 60 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Agent 1 of 1
    Agent 1 of 1

I've been doing alot more research than I ever have when I was a dub. And I'm starting to realize its not just what the dubs teach that seem coincidental. Its what the Bible shares. There just seems to be too many coincidences in why its hard to believe in a creator or the Bible is from God.

To name a few:

Why are all spirit creatures including God invisible?

Why did Adam and Eve have to be the first ones to sin, thus not giving us proof of perfect, everlasting humans?

Why are there no miracles in our day?

Why does God not speak to us personally? Why is it a one-way communication?

Why is it that out of any other time period, that we have to be living in the last days?

Why do we have to have faith, if we are to be saved?

There are many other numerous coincidences that people take for granted, when they should be questioning its validity. Where's the proof???

Please feel free to add to this thread with any other coincidences you've noticed. Or if you have any proof without any doubts.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Agent, after leaving the JUU's I spent many years searching for the "truth" in other denominations, other religions and belief systems. The one falacy in my search was to use the literal and materialistic exigetics drumbed into me as a child to judge the validity of others and their religions. When I finally discovered a faith that sees most of the biblical renderings as perverbial, metaphorical and "spiritual" most of my objections to the bible went away. Your questions belie a basic literal approach, which if maintained will lead you directly to the conclusions you are considering; that there is no such thing as a "God" and that we are all just the product of a billion, billion happy accidents.

Alllow me to answer by asking you a few questions back?

1. What proof do you have that no "spirit creatures" are visible? Are not saints "spiritual"? How do you define "spirit creatures"?

2.Do you take the story of Adam and Eve literally? If so why? You are setting the limitations by doing so. Justify!

3.What is a mirical? How do you know that there are not thousand of miricals being performed every day? Why did Jesus tell His followers not to speak of His miricals? Was it perhaps that miricals are without meaning when it comes to proving the station of the prophet?

4.Why do you insist on God being so personal that He has to personally talk to you? Why not consider what His prophets and messengers have left as guidance?

5.There have been many "Last days" depending upon how you define the term. Each time a new prophet comes, it is the last days for the previous dispensation. Many have come and gone. What makes you think we have to be in the "Last days"?

6.You have conditioned "saved" without defining what you mean. There is both personal salvation and collective salvation. Take your choice. You can be part of the solution or part of the problem. Search, be honest, and open to new ideas. Your opportunity is equal to any other so what's the issue?

7. Where have you looked for "Proof"? Are you limiting yourself ? Life is full of answers. Go for it.

best regards,

Carmel

• Agent 1 of 1
    Agent 1 of 1

Thanks for the reply Caramel. It is good to ask the questions the other way around. But its sad that we're not allowed to do that when we're in the org. The questions I asked were rhetorical. I'm really not looking for answers. Just trying to ask questions. Questions that lead to other questions. And many people need those questions answered. They need all questions answered. Its sad when a religion tells you that you need to accept their answers or you're going to be condemned. Why can't we all just get along? Despite having the answers or not.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Hi agent

Welcome. It's fun trying to figure out what is going on, isn't it?

Each person and each generation tends to have the need to feel special. And so, since christianity fills this desire, christianity has become popular. It supplies a personal god, a messiah that has been coming to save the faithful for 2000 yrs, but now, he's really, really, really coming.

Since the bible doesn't make lots of sense (there is some good stuff there, smewhere), different methods, such as numerology, codes, etc, have been devised to make it make sense. But, it's mainly myth.

There probably is a spirit realm, but it is invisible from our dimension. The fact that there is'nt much observable of it from here tells us something. If it exists, it doesn't need to be one of our concerns. Someone making a big deal out of needing to know what god, or jesus is thinking, is like someone being obsessed w what is going on in the andromeda constellation.

Or, the spirit realm and our material realm could be compared to two houses. In this house of matter, we have much to ocupy us at this moment. There is no need to be concerned about someone else's house. Oh, it doesn't hurt to be interested or curious, but it's not necessary, in my opinion.

SS

• Carmel
    Carmel

SS, I've always appreciated that old saw, "we're spiritual beings having a material experiance". Kind of sums up things in a different paradigm.

carmel

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

There probably is a spirit realm, but it is invisible from our dimension.

What's probable about it?

• Agent 1 of 1
    Agent 1 of 1

Thanks Pete. I just wanted to ask questions. Not have probabilities. Because there's too many of them. I would like others to add to this thread what they think is too much of a coincidence in their eyes. Only ask questions, unless you have absolute, undeniable proof.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Carmel

Yah, kind of like we decided to rough it on a camping trip where there are not many phones.

Pete

What's probable about it?

Many people down through the ages have claimed experiences in that realm. Thousands of people have had near death experiences where they experiences out of body stuff. While little of this info has been blessed by the scientific priesthood, nevertheless, it suggests that there probably are other dimensions, not easily detected.

SS

• Agent 1 of 1
    Agent 1 of 1

Good answer, Saint. That's what I'm looking for. Adding evidence. Not surmises.

• El blanko
    El blanko

Buy the following book:

Beyond The Occult - Colin Wilson

You will enjoy it. The book looks at the mystical from the bottom upwards and leans into both the spiritual and materialistic points of view.

I have few doubts about other realities having experienced very bizzare events throughout my life and having friends who have had unique and challenging experiences. The problem is, we live amongst skeptics who retain that frame of mind for their own selfish ends IMO

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit