Phrases you used to say as a kid (takes one to know one!!)

by doodle-v 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

"He's a Rink"

At the time (60's) I didn't know what it meant, but it was the guys like Danny Zuko in Grease. Our school was full of them. Since then, I've heard it meant the guys who hung out at the roller skating rink. We called their girlfriends "sluts". I don't think it had the same derogatory meaning it has now, or those girls would have beat me black and blue.

Boy, I guess that really dates me doesn't it?

• doodle-v
    doodle-v
    Boy, I guess that really dates me doesn't it?

uhhh urrr hmm *cough* no of course not

• Mulan
    Mulan

Okay, you little 30 years younger than I am gal. Wait until I see you again!!!!!

• Corvin
    Corvin

Ha ha Valis, "slug-bug!" We drove all the way to and from Dallas with the kids playing that damn game.

This next phrased from my childhood must be a San Diego thing, cuz I can't find anyone anywhere else who use to use it:

When you would get one up on another kid, you would say "moded!" and sometimes "moded in your eye!"

• mrpositive
    mrpositive

Here's some from the UK

I'm SO Scared! (said with real sarcasm)

Bog Off! (said with real conviction)

Ah Bless!! (if something is cute)

You Muppett (if somebody does something silly)

Plonker! (as above)

Don't give me that! (a reply to a lie or excuse)

Simon

• reganashe
    reganashe

Corvine............I think that was a San Diego thing because I rememeber that one too. Where is San Diego are you from?

• outnfree
    outnfree

"Step on a line, break your mother's spine" (goes with "Step on a crack, break your mother's back, above)

"No more pencils, no more books, no more teachers' dirty looks!"

"E.S.!" (disgustedly) which stood for "Eat Shit!" which was also used

Did anyone mention "Far out!" yet?

outnfree

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

"Jinks, ya owe me a coke" (If you said something at the same time as someone else...it was usually associated with a punch to the arm. I remember "Liar liar pants on fire" I'm so old I can't remember most of the snazzy come backs.

• Corvin
    Corvin
    Corvine............I think that was a San Diego thing because I rememeber that one too. Where is San Diego are you from?

El Cajon.

Did you grow up or live in San Diego???? What part?

• Sabine
    Sabine

I was a good, loyal, dumbass JW youth, so here were my wanna be cool expressions:

Totally cool man!

So lame dude!

keep on truckin man! (I was out in service stuck in a van full of jerks, I wasn't truckin anywhere)!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit