Phrases you used to say as a kid (takes one to know one!!)

by doodle-v 47 Replies latest jw friends

• nilfun
    nilfun
    When you would get one up on another kid, you would say "moded!"

yep, that one and:

"moded, corroded, your booty exploded!"

• Octavia
    Octavia

Well, of course there's "I'm telling". I still hear that alot. I used to say "If you tell on me, I'll tell on you". It usually worked. We were also into all the "sk8er" jargon, but I can't think of anything that hasn't been mentioned.

• Princess
    Princess
    "whoever smelled it, dealt it!"

My son says that all the time.

• glitter
    glitter

"Chinny beard" or "chinny reckon"
    While rubbing your chin - it means you think someone's lying or exaggerating.

• simplesally
    simplesally

My daughter said today that someone called her a "Babyhead" LOL hahahhaha...........so funny.

--------------

My grandma would say that a car was "rakish" (I think it means Cool)

-------------

We used to say: Cool beans!

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Your mama, your papa, your greedy greedy grand mammy, she thinks she's hot, she thinks she's fine, she's the first one in the welfare line!

I see England, I see France, I see Annie's underpants!

Being in the Borg as kids, we of course were not allowed to Swear about anything, so we started saying "Honest to Jehovah", of course this expression was caboshed at the next Assembly.

The worms go in, the worms go out, in your stomach and out your mouth. If your skin turns slimy green, scoop it up just like whipped cream-With a spooooooooon.

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

LOL! OhioCowboy, I remember saying "promise to Jehovah" or "Honest to Jehovah!" too!! LOL

its like we couldnt say "I swear to God" or "I swear" so instead

Promise to Jehovah sounds more spiritual. LOL

-Doodle-V

• DFWnonJW
    DFWnonJW

I can dig it

bitchin'

crucial (think that one was a california thang)

it's the fuzz man...
    seeing as valuable ditchin' the drugs time was wasted saying "fuzz", this was then shortened to "the man"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit