Any science fiction freaks?

by myauntfanny 56 Replies latest jw friends

• Azazel
    Azazel

Me too smiddy i only recently discovered Edgar Burroughs and i really enjoyed his Mars series.

my resurrection of this thread was about JW being used in fiction.Im going to try using threads long since past but relevant to current topic rather than create a new thread. Kinda recycling....saving electrons!

Az

• Diest
    Diest

With all of the NTs and NFs on this board, Id bet there are a ton of sci-fi lovers.

• iarts
    iarts

My favourite author is Alastair Reynolds. His style is huge, dark space-opera.

His first novel, "Revelation Space" is probably my all-time favourite book.

I also love "The Many Coloured Land" series by Julian May, and the "Mars" series by Kim Stanley Robinson.

• Azazel
    Azazel

Yes ive read Alastair Reynolds Rev Space , can you tell he's an astro phisician (cant spell!) .I started Chasm City but got sidetracked. I really should read it as its a signed copy when he came down under last year.

For real light sci fi i recommend Harry Harrisons "Stainless Steel Rat" series.

• iarts
    iarts
    Yes ive read Alastair Reynolds Rev Space , can you tell he's an astro phisician (cant spell!) .I started Chasm City but got sidetracked. I really should read it as its a signed copy when he came down under last year.

Yes, with Alastair Reynolds being a former rocket scientist, it seems add a bit more authenticity to his work.

I would definately recommend you give Chasm City another go .. it's another of my favourites.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

"INVERTED WORLD" by Christopher Priest.

I keep re reading it. Something in common with growing up in the Borg then it all falls apart.

In any case i find it a moving story.

HB

• Azazel
    Azazel

I dont remember the author but Amtrak Wars had an interesting twist at the end of the series.

Thx hamster i will add your suggestion to my to read list.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit