What does the Convention do, when no one gets baptized?

by DaCheech 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

It was communicated to me last night that an Assembly in Queens, NY (3 miles from Headquarters in Brooklyn) had no baptisms!

What does the speaker do when pronouncing the mandatory baptismal talk?

He says the questions (that have to be asnwered), and answers with a "yes" to all showing people what the due answer would have to be!

Is this the 1st time?

• Mulan
    Mulan

I was at a Circuit Assembly once when that happened............about 10 years ago. The speaker didn't know there were no candidates, so asked them to stand. When no one stood, he merely said what the questions would have been, and finished the talk. Then we were excused for lunch. I've heard it has happened several times since too.

The District conventions have fewer and fewer too. I remember when it would be about 150-200. Now for the same audience size, it's about 50-60.

• blondie
    blondie

Never heard or seen it. I have heard that they asked a baptismal candidate to go to the circuit assembly they are assigned to when that seemed to be developing.

I assume they just gave the talk and skipped the part where they had people stand up and say the questions.

Blondie

• Farkel
    Farkel

: What does the Convention do, when no one gets baptized?

They have people give more stories how they helped someone into da troof. Unfortunately, those same people told those same stories at a convention 15 years earlier. They're running out of new members and DEFINITELY running out of new material!

Farkel

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Maybe he ask who in the audience is unbaptized!

Hey Mr. speaker, me!

Well all you slouches, get to work, get hooked, and dragged to the Borg!

• galaxy7
    galaxy7

No Baptisms how wonderful

• Nocturne
    Nocturne

This happened at an assembly I attended in the fall, the speaker just gave the talk like there were baptism candidates with the usual stuff explaining what the vow means, and how christians must keep this vow etc... But he knew in advance that there were no candidates, and he didn't ask the questions if I recall.

• FirstInLine
    FirstInLine

I thought I remembered circuit assemblies where people didnt get baptized.

• stichione
    stichione

Maybe they can cancel the assembly?

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster

Maybe they can cancel the assembly?

What? And miss six hours of sitting listening to talks? Unthinkable!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit