Faced with loss of tax breaks, Danish WTS drops "Bible-Based" stance

by Nathan Natas 78 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

TALK ABOUT SICK! XQ

YOU CAN BRING UP AS MANY "THEY DO IT" AS YOU WANT. WE DO NOT LIVE IN ASIA OR ANCIENT HAVAII.

WE LIVE IN AND ARE USED TO THE CONDUCT AND LAWS FOUND IN MOST DEVELOPED COUNTRIES.

OUR LAWS AND TRADITIONS DO NOT CONDONE OR ALLOW THIS CONDUCT. FOR THIS AND OTHER REASONS IT IS VIEWED AS GROSS FELONIOUS BEHAVIOUR.

IT IS BECAUSE OF THIS AND OTHER REASONS THAT IT IS SO HARMFUL TO OUR CHILDREN. I HAVE HAD 2 WIVES THAT SUFFERED ALL THEIR LIVES BECAUSE OF THIS CONDUCT YOU SEEM TO WANT TO DEFEND.

THEIR EMOTIONAL PROBLEMS THEN BROUGHT TERRIBLE LOSS AND GRIEF TO ME AND OUR CHELDREN.

EVEN IN THE MOST LOWLIFE IGNORANT SOCIETIES, I DOUBT THEY WOULD ACCEPT AN ADULT HAVING SEX WITH 6 OR 7 OR 8 YR OLD CHILDREN.

LIKE TEX , I DON'T KNOW YOU, NOR DO I WANT TO. SICK SICK SICK

Outoftheorg

• Cassiline
    Cassiline
    As far as science here you go. The majority of Child incest sex offenders are to me less dangerous than rapist.

Ok then put one in the same room with your 5 year old by himself for one hour a day for 1 month and tell me the same. Live with your child for the rest of their life and tell me you don't feel their pain and wished you never had done so.

Get professional help.

Cassi

• Farkel
    Farkel

sk,

Does that date change the facts? It was only a year ago. If so, how so?

: Isn't this a dimbulb by now?

Since this is an issue that transcends the ages of human existence, I find that question just plain stupid.

Farkel

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Interesting Post Nathan. Unfortunate for it to get hijacked like that. No xquse for that behaviour.

I found it interesting the letter stated this:

B. Recovered memories are experienced as very real. Those who are disturbed with such memories need understanding and care. These are memories that have been forgotten many years and then recovered by therapeutic treatment that either has been carried out by a professional psychologist or by a self taught psychotherapist.

It was always my understanding, that WTBTS thought recovered or repressed memory was hogwash, bordering on demonism. One wonders if this is now their true understanding or just their typical doublespeak, to appease the authorities. Though they still get their spin on it by referring to " self taught psychotherapist."

Be interesting to see if any of this info actually appears in a Watchtower magazine, in the manner it was presented in the letter.

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

Zen:Do you feel the same about adult rapists?
    Were they just following uncontrollable urges?

Castration is too good for them, IMHO...

how christ like and loving of you? forgiveness is not in your vocabulary?

if castration would end the demonic urges and restore the person to a sane existance beneficial to the public, you are saying you have no use for it?

how many ways can a person go wrong? there seems to be mentally or physically... if the urges are a result of too much testosterone or something like it, then a quick snip may provide the cure, and why would you damn a cured man?

if it is mentally, such as irrational beliefs and the person changes because of some religious conversion, you would still find no cause for forgiveness?

I find people who have no compassion for the suffering of their fellow man...who would rather see another punished then cured, to be just as monsterous as those they seek to harm.... you just think you have a better excuse to do violence to another, is that it?

• amac
    amac
    This hasnt changed??how many eyewitnesses does a pedophile usually have?

I think you may have misunderstood the policy letter. It acknowledges that it is rare to have an eyewitness to an account of child abuse. So it allows for the use of strong circumstantial evidence or eyewitnesses (more than likely victims) of SIMILAR accounts. In other words, if it is one person's word against another, they take no judicial action without strong circumstantial evidence. If it is multiple accusations than they can take action...just like the court systems. I wish they had this policy everywhere as it seems to cover the problem quite well.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

How condescending of you to throw in the "Christlike" card...

Don't evade my questions. Have the balls to face up to them squarely:

1. Do you feel the same about adult rapists?
    2. Were they just following uncontrollable urges?
  • waiting
    waiting

If nothing else, this thread (and almost every thread which deals with pedophiles/child molesters/child rapists) ends up in arguments and/or insults.

This should clue us in a little as to the dilemma that the WTBTS has around the world. "Untrained volunteers" expressing all of the above sentiments....and many more. How to corral thousands of such untrained (and predominantly uneducated) men - and not get sued.

A massive problem. But other churches/organizations are setting better (if not good) parameters - the WTBTS should be able to also - unitedly around the world......as JW's are a "united brotherhood."

waiting

• SYN
    SYN

The posters on this thread are, for the most part, expressing their opinions in a very logical and controlled manner, which, considering what many of them have been through, is an admirable accomplishment. Power to the people!

Nathan, could you provide a little bit more detail about the tax break aspect of your post? I'd love to hear some more "FOLLOW THE MONEY" stuff! Good post, BTW.

• zen nudist
    zen nudist
    Don't evade my questions. Have the balls to face up to them squarely:
    1. Do you feel the same about adult rapists?
    2. Were they just following uncontrollable urges?

I did not evade your question, I would think it was obvious where I stood, of course I believe there is something uncontrolled going on in a rapist the same as a child molester to take the chance of being imprisoned, killed or worse to accomplish an act which may last for seconds.... these people have a severe problem, one which is not cured by threats of violence against them...nor the hearing of people like you who show them that they need not bother being cured, as that will not matter, they will still be harmed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit