Freedom to Choose God

by UnDisfellowshipped 774 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

What's wrong with limited atonement? Without it you only have TUIP!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I prefer TULIP to DAISY...

"He loves me, he loves me not, he loves me......"

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Never mind Lazarus!

When would Paul have a chance to ponder Gods grace and calling?

Gal.1:15,16 15 But when God, who had set me apart even from my mother's womb and called R32 me through His grace, was pleased 16 to reveal His Son in me so that I might preach R33 Him among the Gentiles, I R34 did not immediately consult with flesh R35 F9 and blood,

E

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

LT

I think the JWs teach the DAISY Doctrine. Unfortunately, so do most of the mainstream denominations.

D Dog
  • LittleToe
    LittleToe

DDog:
    I suspect the DAISY doctrine is prefered to keep people in line. It's a control thang.
    One up, to Calvin, on that one.
    Eternal security is IMHO one of the more comforting of doctrines.
    I speak as one who is only too well aware of his failings.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I cast my vote for the LT's jesus. He's totally cool.

Tell me LT did this jesus take shape from some of the things you'ved learned while posting here???Has this place placed a influence on your jesus??Same question different form.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

ELLDERWHO?

Did I spell that right?

Anywho, look at what JAMES R. WHITE says those verses in his book, "The Potter's Freedom"

Every believer must ask this question. Is it by my act of free will, or God's act of free will, that I am in Christ Jesus? It is not enough to limit God's free will to making a plan available. The question is not "Is God ultimately the source of the plan of salvation?" Even the Judaizers in Galatia, who were placed under the curse of God as false teachers in Galatians 1:6-9, could say that. The question is, Who, ultimately, is responsible for my union with Jesus Christ? God is both the one who is the origin and source of salvation in general, and the one who powerfully, purposefully, and perfectly draws His elect people into blessed union with Jesus Christ. The Arminian simply cannot allow this freedom to God. The Scrpture knows no other doctrine. Paul knew this truth doctrinally and experientially:

But when God, who had set me apart even from my mother's womb, and called me through His grace, was pleased t o reveal His Son in me, so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately consult with flesh and blood: (Galatians 1:15-16) If anyone knew that the idea of "free will" was a myth, it was Paul. It was not free will that knocked Paul to the ground on the road to Damascus. It was not free will that blinded him. Paul was not "seeking after God" nor the Savior, Jesus Christ on that day when God chose to reveal His Son to him. No, God determined the day and the hour, and Paul was only happy to oblige. He preached a powerful grace, a grace that saves rebel sinners hard of heart, a grace that stops the elect in their tracks and changes them. He knew nothing of a grace that tries and tries, and fails and fails. It is powerful grace, purposeful grace, sovereign grace that lies at the base of his words to Titus:

He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing by the Holy Spirit, whom H e poured out upon us richly through Jesus Christ our Saviour, (Titus 3:5-6)

Saving grace that brings the gift of faith. A mighty God who saves His elect. This is the biblical presentation.

Good stuff!

D Dog

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Frankie:
    No, it's the same Jesus I met up with, and keep going on about.
    Can't recommend that "relationship" thang, enough...

This site has contributed to my opinion of the bible, however (especially Shelby's comments, believe it or not), and given me plenty of opportunities to reappraise my experiences.

• logansrun
    logansrun

"Howsoever men may approach me, even so do I acept them; for, on all sides, whatever path they may choose is mine."

From the Bhagavad-Gita

B.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

LT

Eternal security is IMHO one of the more comforting of doctrines.

AMEN!!! So is election!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit