why is everyone so afraid?

by woody02302 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• SuperMommy
    SuperMommy

their are quite a few lesbians that I know who were abused when they were younger. This is a terrible thing. Has she reported this in a legal manner? I really would. Nothing is going to erase your or her pain. I hope you can find comfort here or with a new group that you feel at home with.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    When he arrived, the king asked him, "Micaiah, shall we go to war against Ramoth Gilead, or shall I refrain?" "Attack and be victorious," he answered, "for Yahweh will give it into the king's hand." The king said to him, "How many times must I make you swear to tell me nothing but the truth in the name of Yahweh?" Then Micaiah answered, "I saw all Israel scattered on the hills like sheep without a shepherd, and Yahweh said, 'These people have no master. Let each one go home in peace.' " The king of Israel said to Jehoshaphat, "Didn't I tell you that he never prophesies anything good about me, but only bad?" Micaiah continued, "Therefore hear the word of Yahweh: I saw Yahweh sitting on his throne with all the host of heaven standing around him on his right and on his left. And Yahweh said, 'Who will entice Ahab into attacking Ramoth Gilead and going to his death there?' One suggested this, and another that. Finally, a spirit came forward, stood before Yahweh and said, 'I will entice him.' 'By what means?' Yahweh asked. 'I will go out and be a lying spirit in the mouths of all his prophets,' he said. 'You will succeed in enticing him,' said Yahweh. 'Go and do it.' So now Yahweh has put a lying spirit in the mouths of all these prophets of yours. Yahweh has decreed disaster for you." Then Zedekiah son of Kenaanah went up and slapped Micaiah in the face. "Which way did the spirit from Yahweh go when he went from me to speak to you?" he asked. Micaiah replied, "You will find out on the day you go to hide in an inner room." The king of Israel then ordered, "Take Micaiah and send him back to Amon the ruler of the city and to Joash the king's son and say, 'This is what the king says: Put this fellow in prison and give him nothing but bread and water until I return safely.' " Micaiah declared, "If you ever return safely, Yahweh has not spoken through me." Then he added, "Mark my words, all you people!" (1 Kings 22:15-28)

Did Micaiah tell the truth? Read v. 29-38 to see how Ahab, "the king of Israel" met his end just as Micaiah predicted. The clear implication is that Yahweh sent the false prophets to manipulate the actions of the king.

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster
    they probly wish they had the balls to do the same thing.

I just hope you are right. I, and others here, suspect many of them secretely want out but either don't have the guts to leave or they have family ties. Let's just hope more people work up the courage to think critically and objectively about the religion.

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Thanks Woody,

Sorry about the sad part of your story though. but you made me think in a different direction. I am still a bit afraid now that I am on the fade, but you are correct it is the witnesses that are more afraid of me now and some are viewing me as dangerous--sweet little old innocent me who wouldn't harm a fly. If they are afraid of me they are really in bad shape and I feel some pity for them, but only just a little right now as I am still really PISSED OFF (as I have mentioned in my last few posts)...Thanks though, I feel a little braver now...

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes
    Did Micaiah tell the truth? Read v. 29-38 to see how Ahab, "the king of Israel" met his end just as Micaiah predicted. The clear implication is that Yahweh sent the false prophets to manipulate the actions of the king.

Yeepers.

See there is a use for false prophets quit being so hard on the WT guys. They maybe spirit directed after all.

• Aikon
    Aikon

Wellcome Woody!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you find what you are looking for on this site

Gunmby

The Society now has this plan of action when appointments are made.....

If a adult Brother was accused of sexuall abuse to CHILDREN !!!!!!!!!! Then he is NEVER ever appointed.Full Stop....

But if he was a teenager and then the situation is some different, so the society DO contact the girl to see if she forgives if not then he will not be appointed an elder but can remain a servant.

The reasoning to this is as he was full of "Youth" he did not control his body memeber, but now he is an adult he is in control of his member!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way the society do not phone the girl, it comes from the body of elders of the congregation where he is based,they must ok with the girl before the annoucement is made, if she says no then no appoitment, but if she says yes then they annouce the appointment at the next meeting.

But!!! having said that the elders have been told to speak with the girl direct,and from what Woody says, they live far away so hence the phone call, which in my opinion should never have been made.

Aikon

Aikon

• Purza
    Purza

Welcome woody. About the fear issue -- my mind knows that you are correct, but my heart still has fear residing in it. Slowly, but surely that fear is fading (thank god)!

Purza

• Purza
    Purza

Welcome woody. About the fear issue -- my mind knows that you are correct, but my heart still has fear residing in it. Slowly, but surely that fear is fading (thank god)!

Purza

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit