why is everyone so afraid?

by woody02302 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• woody02302
    woody02302

I am new to this forum, and so far all I read is how we all hide from the wittnesses we now, or don't answer the phone, or walk the other way when they walk down the street. To tell you a little about myself, i grew up a j.w, I was married when i was 21. My first wife was abused by a brother in her hall for years. We were married for about a year , when one day I got a phone call from a man at the watchtower and track society. The brother on the line wanted to know if it was o'k with my wife and I if the brother that abused my wife could be appointed as a elder...meaning he was already a M.S. The brother who abused my wife was caught and reproved, so the society knew full well that this man was a molester, hence the reason they called us. My wife first said it was o.k, but in the weeks following that decision, her personality started to change. We eventualy called the brother back and said that it was not o.k. But unfourtunetly, the damage was done. within 6 months my wife had left the j.ws and became a lesbian. And i am telling the absoulute TRUTH, this happend. My life has not been the same since . I am 29 now and hate this religion.I'm not sure what it is, if its the changed policys, the lies, the judging, or just the complete bull ship that this religion offers.

The thing is...I can't leave. All I know is this religion...friends...family. But the best thing I have done is the fade. It works like a charm. But to get back to my original thought is there is no need to be afraid. These hypocritical people are more afraid of you than you are of them. Hell, they probly wish they had the balls to do the same thing. So people, don't be ashamed for how you feel. You made a decision that has made you stronger and better then them. There is no need to get d.f.ed. Just be who you are and be proud.

• pc
    pc

Welcome Woody! Sorry that happened with you and your wife. I think your right, in thier hearts the dubs really are jealous! pc

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

I sympathize. I see how she could knee jerk and say yes, not understanding the emotional consequences. But take note SHE SAID YES. The brothers knew he was an abuser so they could not make and elder out of him until he was free of accusation. What I can't understand is why ever would she allow an abuser to have MORE POWER AND MEANS TO ABUSE!

I am unique here. I have not faded and am active. I go to the meetings whenever I want and when I get bored I leave. It is the only religion that while full of holes appeals to me. I alsonotice like your wife JW go out of their way to do dumb things. Things even the watchtower is dodgy on. THis lies don't bother me heck even God lies. Since the watchtower claims to be uninspired I don't expect much from them. I am sorry for your loss. I am not trying to offend.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    heck even God lies

huh, can you document this? I will never understand how someone can believe a god who lies, at what point is he telling the truth?

Brummie

• woody02302
    woody02302

I don't kmow if you remember about 2 years ago the society sent out a letter to all cong. stating that if you have EVER been a abuser you could NEVER have any position in the hall. NONE. My wife saying yes was a quick decsion, thats why she changed her mind. note...the society only sent that letter a week after the dateline tv special called them on it...not before

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Welcome!

• gumby
    gumby
    My first wife was abused by a brother ,........the society knew full well that this man was a molester,

Hi there, and welcome. I'm sorry your life took a turn as it did. I was curious as to why you use the term molesting concerning your wife? This is usually a term used with adults towards children.

I got a phone call from a man at the watchtower and track society. The brother on the line wanted to know if it was o'k with my wife and I if the brother that abused my wife could be appointed as a elder

The WTBTS doesn't call a publisher to get a "go ahead" on appointments either......ever. Appointments are made by the local elders during CO visits. Who was it that called you from the society?

Sorry to sound doubtful, but the WTBTS does not function in this manner.

Gumby

• Brummie
    Brummie

oh btw, WELCOME woody

• woody02302
    woody02302

Gumby....the brother was oked to become one. He had noved far away from the area. so when this appoinment came up, it was found in his records. I cant answer why they called us...but on my life it is the absoulut truth.

• dh
    dh

willkommener liebling, haben nicht angst

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit