The Watch Tower Gave its Blessing to the US Army Fighting in WWI

by Leolaia 35 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• cantleave
    cantleave

OOOhhhhh My God!!!!!

I learn something new everyday about the double standards of this evil organisation. Being no part of the world can be dropped at hat for expediency, unless you are a Rank and file member trying to make a living. Thanks for posting leolia and for brining BTTT Bangalore.........

Just WoW!

• Desilusionnee
    Desilusionnee

Wow just can't believe it! Should show those articles to hubby in order to open his eyes.

Thanks Leo and Bangalore!

Desi

• whereami
    whereami

Holy shite Batman!!! I've never seen or heard of this before.

• designs
    designs

My grandfather was arrested by the Justice Department agents for distributing the Finished Mystery book. Some Bible Students at that time followed the Quaker model and others went into noncombat roles in the military. In WWII my Witness uncle served in the CCC doing forestry work. When the Vietnam War broke out we were either sent to the prison in Stafford Arizona or given forestry work at a minimal prison outside of Bishop Ca., and hospital work by court order.

• pirata
    pirata

Great topic. There is a treasure trove here on JWN. It would be great to eventually compile this all into a wiki of some sort.

• booby
    booby

Kenneson noted this observation, albeit six years ago It must be remembered that Joseph F. Rutherford and seven associates of the Watch Tower Society were sent to prison on June 22, 1918, most with sentences of 20 years. Their convictions, however, were reversed on May 14, 1919.

I don't have time to find the reference material at the moment but it is not accurate to say "Their convictions, however, were reversed". The trial had gone on in time where it was not deemed useful to continue in view of some challenges presented of (wrong or inappropriate ?) testimony so the charges or case was simply dropped. Other references by the society suggest "Later, they were completely exonerated of the false charges against them" and this too is not accurate. Apparently the idea of exonerated is not within the realm of what happens in court cases. Wish I could have had the original info because this presentation of material seems a little dodgy. I just wanted to include it in view of what I had learned from the earlier reference material on this matter.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

i AM SORRY FOR NOT COMMENTING WHEN THIS FIRST APPEARED LEO, HONEY,

But I just dont have the resources to add to what you have said. Any hinest hearted one can see what a crock the Witchtower babble and Trash Society has been, for over 137 years.

HB

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

Very interesting! Great info to have on hand.

• VM44
    VM44

Has The Watchtower in recent times quoted what they said back in 1918 concerning WWI?

Or have they kept quiet about it?

What would they say in reply if someone sent a letter to them asking about this?

• VM44
    VM44

Jehovah "chose" The Watchtower in 1919 when Judge Rutheford was released from prison?

Is that the proof of being accepted by God, "Judge" Rutherford being released?

If it was, then Rutheford had at the same time a huge ego, delusions of grandeur, and a "God complex",

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit