This is horrible....

by desib77 134 Replies latest social current

• Englishman
    Englishman

UK DAILY MAIL:

UK condemns beheading of hostage

07:50am 12th May 2004 The beheading of an US hostage in Iraq by militants linked to al Qaida is believed to have been a revenge attack for the abuse of prisoners by US soldiers.

A poor-quality video posted on an Islamic website showing the execution was condemned by the Foreign Office as "utterly repugnant and indefensible" and the British Red Cross said it was "shocked and appalled".

The chilling footage showed the beheading of a man - who gave his name as Nick Berg - by a group of five men wearing headscarfs and black ski masks.

Look here too...
    Skip gossip links to more articles

The men said that the killing was to avenge the abuse of Iraqi detainees by US soldiers - widely predicted since the release of the pictures across the globe.

The video posted on the Ansar Islam Forum website - a known clearing house for statements by extremist Islamic groups - was entitled "Abu Musab al-Zarqawi slaughtering an American".

Al-Zarqawi, a known associate of al Qaida leader Osama bin Laden, has been blamed by the US for orchestrating terrorist attacks in Iraq since the fall of Saddam Hussein.

The video shows the executioners reading a statement before pulling the man to his side and putting a large knife to his neck. A scream is heard as they cut off his head, shouting "Allahu Akbar!" - "God is great".

They then hold the head up in front of the camera.

The shocking video images, increasingly favoured as propaganda by terrorists, recalled the death of Wall Street reporter Daniel Pearl.

Two years ago Muslim militants released a gruesome video of Pearl, who was kidnapped in Pakistan, being murdered in captivity as his throat was slit from behind.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

hey, where's my catfight dam(k)nit?

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Who said that you have to negociate with terroristes ? How many are they for real ? Why do you think that they can get the population support ? Geeeez !

No the war was not about retaliation ? ... about oil maybe ? ... oh wait no it was about what they didn't found finally ! PLEASE. If you still feel this war was right don't ask why Iraquies don't feel the same ... and they are not the only one ...

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Patio

Perhaps there are times, shit not perhaps, I KNOW there are, my words do not come out as intended. I know in this very thread I misread Six and most likely confused myself! lol

Drinks on me.

Dede Many hugs your way, give me a ring when you can.

Six, that zero is still there.

Cassi

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

Al-Zarqawi, a known associate of al Qaida leader Osama bin Laden, has been blamed by the US for orchestrating terrorist attacks in Iraq since the fall of Saddam Hussein.

Hold it right there. Al-Zarqawi had NOTHING to do with 9/11. Remember???

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

Should clarify: the above was sarcasm--last time someone thought I was serious.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Just a quick side note.

Last night I went to the local Hooters and I was wearing my "My Votes for Kerry...." shirt with a picture of Stalin and Chaiman Mao

So anyways. Im in the restroom and this guy comes up to me and tells me he likes the shirt. He then starts going crazy and bad mouthing Kerry and democrats in general (I like this guy :) ).

He then made the point: "I wish they had treated me like that when I was a POW"

Lets keep it real here folks. Yes having the Iraqi's naked and treating them bad is a horrilbe thing, however lets remember how our POWs have been treated, i.e. found DEAD the next day in some ditch.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Crazy where have you been man? I should have figured you pop up on a political thread :)

• patio34
    patio34

Not so, CrazyDrinker:

Lets keep it real here folks. Yes having the Iraqi's naked and treating them bad is a horrilbe thing, however lets remember how our POWs have been treated, i.e. found DEAD the next day in some ditch.

There have been 2 deaths in the prison ruled homocides and many others being investigated while in US custody. There are alleged rapes, sodomy with foreign objects, guard dog attacks, and other tortures. Do you really wish that had happened to you as a POW?

Pat

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Patio,

How many POWs from the Vietnam war came back? While 2 Iraqi deaths is two to many and unexcusable, I dont remember there being ANY American POW's becuase they all wind up DEAD the next day.

I would rather be a Iraqi POW than an American one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit