what do you miss most about being in the truth!?!?!

by dh 42 Replies latest jw friends

• the bandersnatch esq.
    the bandersnatch esq.

I miss the chance I might have had to plant some seeds of doubt into my former friend's minds, so that they would possibly, hopefully, one day think for themselves for a change.

Oh, yeah, and I miss not being able to do things like go for a meal with my parents anymore when I go visit them. Apart from that, I'm pretty happy with things, and I think in the grand scheme of things a few negatives now and again are worth putting up with for all the positives I feel now I'm free...

• freedom96
    freedom96

I miss nothing.

• lazyslob
    lazyslob

I miss the sisters. They were told to obey their master ( ME ). That was kind´a nice:) Lazyslob as I am I prefer a good BJ and that is easier to get on the outside :)

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I really miss...driving up a loooong driveway in field service, long enough that along comes a car heading in the opposite direction. I miss rolling down the window and trying to give a magazine presentation to a family of four that is on their way out to do something that is actually fun to do on Saturday morning. I miss the controlled but obviously dismayed look of the driver as he/she declines the magazines. I miss having to drive up the rest of the way to their house and turn around while they wait, and then follow them out to the street while they glance at me in their rear-view mirror occasionally, and ponder over this bizarre interruption to their life.

Yeah, I miss that.

• Justin
    Justin

I miss having all the answers and not having to deal with ambiguity.

• EyeDrEvil
    EyeDrEvil

nada.

rien du tout.

nothing at all.

just why did i do it for so long????????????????????????????????????????

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

I miss my son Thomas.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie
    how about lapel badges... search your heart and try to deny it, but deep down you know you know you miss them!!!

EEWWW

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I miss going out for pizza after the TMS and service meeting, besides that I guess there isn't a whole heck of a lot......

• Quotes
    Quotes

"The Hats. The hats really give you that sense of piousness you are looking for in a religion."

No, wait, sorry. That's not what I miss. That's what Seinfeld's George Kastanza likes about the Latvian Orthodox religion.

For me, it's not what I miss, it's what I MISSED: a normal, happy childhood without the pressures of bizarre end-times cult doctrine. That's what I missed: a normal childhood and adolesence.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit