what do you miss most about being in the truth!?!?!

by dh 42 Replies latest jw friends

• dh
    dh

c'mon now, there has to be something... the green carpet or the hard seats? barn dances? large social gatherings? witness gossip? clapping to send love, clapping to show approval, clapping to show anything? 'clap clap clap clap, how about not clapping and being the villain??? did you ever not clap? how did it go down? how about those 10 minute long clap sessions at the end of an 8 day district assembly, hmmm, and those blankets you had to carry to prevent hyperthermia, or clapping to welcome in a new publication... i remember when the insight books came out the clapping was particularly insane... maybe you miss the fashion show that is commonly called a three day assembly? the list goes on and on, it's very possible that you pine for those long long drives to assemblies, maybe you miss driving down the highway and waving at other witnesses who were going to the assembly too! i know i miss being stuck for hours trying to get out of the car park through thousands of jw cars at the end of the assembly... how about those assembly programs, i bet you used to look at what time it finished before you even thought about the contents. yeah, is there a drama? i hope so. is it a modern day drama or is it a bible drama? ooh isn't it exciting!

refuge refuge, cities of refuge

how about lapel badges... search your heart and try to deny it, but deep down you know you know you miss them!!!

jehovah knows too!

haa haaa hahahaha

• Maya
    Maya

I don't miss a freakin' thing............

• La-Bellamargarita
    La-Bellamargarita

I'm absolutely thrilled and delighted to say I don't miss any of it - and when I get ignored in the street by my so called former friends I no longer turn a hair. I'm just about returning to emotional sanity and stability three years down the line from disasociating myself. My only regret it it took me twenty years or more to come to my senses.

Love to all la-bella

• avengers
    avengers
    I'm just about returning to emotional sanity and stability three years down the line from disasociating myself. My only regret it it took me twenty years or more to come to my senses.

La-Bellamargarita

here here. I stand and applaud...........

You're the Man Woman.

Andy

• Sirona
    Sirona

dh

LOL!

Yeah, do I miss sitting bored stiff on a sunday morning through the same old public talk and then feeling the horrid anticipation of another hour's watchtower study?

Do I miss being spoken to like I'm stupid just because I'm a woman?

Do I miss the constant "do more do more do more do more do more do more?" Then when I decided to go out on the town to let my hair down it was "don't do that don't do that"

No I don't miss it. I'm SO much happier now.

Being honest, the only thing I really miss is the feeling of being part of the elite, approved of people. Yes, I actually enjoyed looking down on non-JWs. Just shows you what they're all about eh?

Sirona

• blondie
    blondie

I have found that the few good things were tainted.

I don't miss a thing.

Blondie

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

I think I enjoyed meetings and service when I was really little, because it was the whole and entire social life my family had. I liked the attention when I got called on and got the answer right (okay, a clever chimp could get the answer right, but I was five, so I was pretty proud). All the fun of it wore off pretty early and there's nothing I miss now except being innocent enough to enjoy such simple-minded things.

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Oh yes, I especially miss the Service Overseer's visit to our Book Study and those oh-so-encouraging Shepherding calls that I always tried to get out of but couldn't.

I think you summed up the life experience nicely. Fun!

LOL

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

What do I miss most? The spankings we got after the meeting at home for being rambunctious during the meeting. Boy, those bring back some good memories. Grrr... especially the one where my brother put a bible in his underwear, and got a a wallop and it hurt my Dad's hand. Heeehehhe.

CG

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Oh gosh, what do I miss?

• Worrying about my perfectly sane, kindly, ethical children because they hadn't memorized any scripture.
    • Guilt about not keeping my house clean.
    • Being left out of virtually all social gatherings. Why, I actually have to make special arrangements to be neglected now!
    • The high drama of risking your life every time you need surgery, because you can't have blood transfusions. Extra drama points if it's the children who need surgery.
    • Oh, yes, and five precious hours of utter boredom each and every week!

GentlyFeral

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit