what do you miss most about being in the truth!?!?!

by dh 42 Replies latest jw friends

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I miss the cheap carpets and chairs that caused me to go into coughing fits every time I entered a kingdumb hall The only hall this didn't happen in was one that didn't have a carpet.

I miss being counselled for not underlining my watchtower.

I miss all the clapping. Now all my callouses are gone.

I miss all the congregation resolutions where everyone voted in favor of a resolution. There were never any opposing votes.

I miss wearing my convention dog tag. Now every time I'm in a crowded place I forget my name because I don't have a tag to remind me.

I miss having my BS conductor calling me to ask for my time each month. I also miss filling out a report with all zeros.

I miss my high blood pressure.

I miss the feeling of my wife's elbow in my ribs when I snoozed at meetings and assemblies. Now I just snooze at home.

I miss going to wedding receptions after the dinner. The dinner was always reserved for people with titles.

I miss several sisters' cleavage which I used to stare at when I handed them a microphone.

I miss being asked to help move people all the time because I have a truck.

I miss being counselled because I have a truck.

I miss all the colds and flues I used to enjoy because all the JW's were too stupid to stay home when sick.

Yes, I miss a lot.

Walter

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

Ugh, I don't miss anything at all. First of all I was not in the truth. It wasn't the truth. And as far as the people, since now I know what kind of people they are, I do not miss them. I'm just so glad and happy that I'm out of there. I just wished that I got of it sooner, though.

• Strawberryfieldsforever
    Strawberryfieldsforever

I miss nothing.....NOTHING

• alamb
    alamb

I thought really hard and could only find one thing: the person I thought my brother was.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

The very first thing I miss is.............................

calling it the truth, or "The Truth", or even "The Troof".

The truth it ain't, OK?

Ozzie

• brooklynNY
    brooklynNY

Hey pratt1:

I remember the bliss theater located in Sunnyside Queens, yes they did make a good orange ice cream float. And the food was very decent. However I don?t miss those three day circuit assemblies that ended at 9:00 p.m..

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

What I miss? I'll tell you what I miss now, while still in there and trying to fade slowly...

I miss watching American Idol because I have to attend a silly Wed meeting. I miss sleeping late on Saturday and Sunday mornings because I must get up one day to go out on service and the other to attend another boring meeting.

When I finally leave, I won't miss any of the mechanical meetings, but I may miss some of the people I've known all my life.

DY

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

The cheese danishes at the district conventions

• Ciara
    Ciara

It used to be nice, in a lazy sort of way, to not have to decide what was right or wrong. You just asked the ultimate authority. But I don't miss all the constant guilt that came from not being able to do everything right. I love my life now and I'd never go back.

• Ciara
    Ciara

Oh yeah, our KH had solid orange carpet and brown panelling. ych!!!

alt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit