my reaction

by wasasister 17 Replies latest social current

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Ok...what the hell is going on??????? Now my posts are deleted also?????? ona...why are you doing this???

• onacruse
    onacruse

Tatiana, please note that your thread http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/14/71685/1.ashx has been moved back to the open board.

• talesin
    talesin

bebu

re this:

Aleksander Solzenitzen has a famous quote, "Wouldn't it be wonderful, to take all the evil people and put them over there, then we wouldn't have to deal with them. And all of us good people would stay right here. But the line of good and evil does not run between countries, or ethnicities; it runs through the heart of every person." (...A London newspaper once sought the help of its subscribers in addressing the problem of evil, inviting readers to send in their responses to the question, "What is wrong with the world today?" One response, particularly brief, read, "I am." It was sent in by G.K. Chesterton, who had come to the same conclusion as Solzenitzen.)

You may be interested in reading some of Jean Vanier's writings. He discusses in detail the existence of good/evil within us all, and feels that it, indeed, comes from within us. Xcellent post, thanks.

Wasa

You, as usual, are so right.

I read the story (briefly). It made me want to vomit, literally. I used to work in the oil patch, and every time I hear of a civilian death, I am afraid to read, lest it be one of the men I worked with. Many of them spent time in Abu Dhabi, Saudi, and other oil-producing countries. The torture and death of this man has hit me very hard. I can't think of it without crying. Nothing in this 'war' has struck me so hard as this. It hurts my heart almost as much as child rape.

As someone else said in the thread, 'when will this madness stop'?

I sincerely hope we are all sad, and we do not let anger take over. Vengeance solves nothing, as has already been proven.

talesin

• wasasister
    wasasister

To Craig and other moderators:

I have not been aware of the locking of threads on this subject, so if it is redundant, I am sorry. My purpose in writing what I did was to try and bring some perspective to this horrific event. Some have already been able to do this, while others insist on making it into a political statement.

My personal opinion is this is way beyond politics and spin.

Six is right - horrible things happen all the time: parents beat their children to death, children are sexually assaulted, women are raped, elderly people starve or freeze to death due to poverty. These things happen in our peripheral vision but sometimes - as in the case of the beheading (I have trouble even typing that word) - the ugliness is shoved into our faces so we can't ignore it.

I wish we could stop postulating on whether the right or the left or the middle will benefit or suffer from one atrocity or another. We should worry not about our party, but about our humanity. Until we can get beyond such pettiness, we will continue to see such things take place.

Lock away if you must, Craig.

• dh
    dh

great post wasa, i totally agree with your sentiments, i also agree with what fmz said.

nothing more to add.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

The only person I can change is me.

Nina

• dh
    dh
    I have not been aware of the locking of threads on this subject, so if it is redundant, I am sorry. My purpose in writing what I did was to try and bring some perspective to this horrific event. Some have already been able to do this, while others insist on making it into a political statement.

there was something more to add... for the record, i think that this type of topic/post/thread is way more productive than all of the other war news threads out there combined, and should be kept open.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Agreed !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit