Trying to fade slowly....

by nemo 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• gods vigilante
    gods vigilante

I had to move to be able to fade away. I still attended meetings, but at least I barely knew anybody. This made it alot easier to be able to "think" on my own and do a bit of my own research. One day I finally asked myself, "Am I going to meetings because I love Jehovah, or because I'm afraid of him?" Because of this question, I told myself that I wouldn't go until I actually felt a love for him. After a couple of months of not attending meeting, the brainwashing was slowly going away. I decided then to take the leap and find out all I could about the organization from other people's viewpoints. Right then, I knew that I didn't have the truth and I have never stepped foot into a kingdom hall since.

• Freedom Fighter
    Freedom Fighter

It took me at least a couple of years to fade away. I tried to establish a pattern of missing meetings, not bothering with field service, finding other things to do at meeting times.

It was scary - I worried that when I finally made the break I would get bombarded by JWs demanding to know why I didn;t want to be a part of the organisation any more. No -one bothered and no-one called, although I am sure it must have caused my mum significant humilation. She has never said anything about it to this day. I know that this is not typical - maybe I was one of the 'pleb' class who are dispensible!

I would advise anyone to simply stop attending, don't explain anything, don't get yourself d'shipped. It's a free country - if you don't want to gp anymore just stop - these people have no right to demand explanations or make you follow their procedures.

Don't lose heart - once you get over the first hurdle you'll wish you had done it earlier!

Best wishes

FF

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Aloha Nemo...

A couple of years ago I got to the point I couldn't take it anymore and slowly started to pull away. Different stages of it were quite painful as I had not come to a full realization of what was actually going on and was not believing but still feeling horrible and guilty and scared. But it's getting better now and I am starting to feel human again. It's good to get some counceling if you can--it helps a lot.

The best to you,

cybs

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit