The Missing Link - remains of the Nephilim?

by truthseeker 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Sirius Dogma
    Sirius Dogma

I think the Nephilim were just an ancient basketball team.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Did you see pics from the new Harry Potter? The kids have grown up! This one is gonna be different.....but I can't wait!! :)

• hippikon
    hippikon

http://www.wynja.com/arch/gigantopithecus.html

Gigantopithecus blacki was 10 feet tall and weighed 1,200 pounds. This is speculative, since it is with some uncertainty that one reconstructs such a massive creature from a few jaw bones and teeth, however many. The way they arrived at this picture was first to estimate the size of the head from the jaw, and then to use a head/body ratio of 1:6.5 in order to determine the body size. For comparison they cite a head/body ratio of 1:8 for the Australopithecus afarensis specimen known as 'Lucy'. The more conservative ratio for Gigantopithecus was arrived at out of consideration of the massive jaw as an adaptation to the mastication of fibrous plant matter (probably bamboo). Gigantopithecus was probably proportionally a markedly big jawed creature. For the head shape they based their assumptions on the orangutan, since evolutionarily they place Gigantopithecus on the same line as the orangutan, finding a common ancestor for them both in Sivapithecus. However, the orangutan could not serve as a model for the body, since it is unlikely that a 1,200 pound ape would be as arboreal. Therefore they chose the largest primates known, the gorilla and the extinct giant baboon Theropithecus oswaldi, as their models for the body.
    Read into it what you want - everyone always does.
  • hippikon
    hippikon

BTW. I'm with rem

perception can easily be fooled .......... I find it highly probable that any spiritual experience we have is all in our minds
    Blanke found that electrically stimulating one brain region ? the right angular gyrus ? repeatedly triggers out-of-body experiences.

http://www.barbelith.com/topic/8910

Also read:

http://www.parascope.com/articles/slips/fs22_3.htm

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/scitech/Nightline/neuro020114_spirit_feature.html

Read into it what you want - everyone always does

• heathen
    heathen

Rem --- That's fine as long as you are speaking for yourself . What I said is true and I don't doubt for a minute that what I saw was real . AFA the voodoo and book of morman go , I do believe that people practice the black arts it is also mentioned in the bible , I don't know what to make out of the book of the mormon but suspect it to be nothing more than fiction . The bible is clearly the only book that provides adequate instruction on how to worship God . IMO.

The nephilim were destroyed by a flood so I imagine it would be hard to find enough physical evidence to be convincing . I for one think the story is highly probable to be true.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

I think there probably were multiple strains of human populations. Similar to canines today all vying for a niche. Also it is possible that humans absorbed Neanderthals into the gene pool. They found what appear to be the remains of a hybrid child. It would be weird but cool if the angels where just Neanderthals and the hybrids were the nephilim. Hybrids are usually larger and stronger and sometimes have huge libidos. If they could reproduce I could see them living down to "Noah?s day" with little proof even after the Neanderthals had long been extinct. Eventually the hybridism would water down and they would be fully assimilated leaving a trail of lore and little proof. I assume genetics will provide the definitive answer.

• heathen
    heathen

XQ--- I never considered the possibility that the neanderthal are the carcasses of the the angels . I don't think the bible says exactly what the WTBTS says on the issue as far as the angels leaving behind their physical bodies . The WTBTS does suggest that the neanderthal were just another race of humans that died out . I agree that it would be interesting to see what genetics and anthropologists might discover . I just reread the account in genesis and it does not mention the angels dematerializing . It just says all flesh was destroyed .

• rem
    rem

Heathen,

I can only assume you are a human being, and as such you are just as susceptible to perception illusions as anyone else. They are real and most times there is no way for the observer to tell what is 'real' vs. an error in perception.

Your logic is completely circular concerning the nephilim and the bible. You believe the nephilim existed because the bible says so and you believe the bible is the truth because, among other things, you find the story of the nephilim credible based on nonexistant evidence and the fact that they are written about in the bible. :)

rem

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

I have a hard time accepting the premise that angels materialized so they could bonk human females. If you accept this premise, anything's possible, sure.

• heathen
    heathen

I know people on this planet have accepted alot of very strange things based on little or no evidence , I know the big thing now is evolution . I don't think the belief in the nephilim can even come close to as absurd as the belief that man came from ape or some rodent that just happened to mutate in order to adapt to it's surroundings. (of course the conditions for such mutation cannot be created today and such mutations don't happen ..............blah friggen dah . I do find the genesis account to be most interesting and plausible as any I've heard from anybody else .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit