The Missing Link - remains of the Nephilim?

by truthseeker 44 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

For those of you that have seen recent documentarys (I can't remember the program names), there seems to be a few finds of importance regarding man's earliest ancestors.

One documentary I watched was about the discovery of an unusual skeleton, they suggested it was a bipedal - it walked on two legs. But, the jaw and other parts of the skeleton were not completely human like.

After all the evolutionary theory/missing link commentary, I couldn't help think, that if these things are real, maybe they are the remains of dead Nephilim children during the time of the Flood.

What about it? If you accept the biblical account of the Flood, then everyone that died, Nephilim included, would have to have laid somewhere. It makes sense, that these unusally tall skeletons that are being discovered in parts of Africa, could be the skeletons of the Nephilim, as they were much larger and taller than other humans.

• logansrun
    logansrun
    It makes sense, that these unusally tall skeletons that are being discovered in parts of Africa, could be the skeletons of the Nephilim, as they were much larger and taller than other humans.

Where did you read that these were unusually tall skeletons? The early hominid fossils we have are all substantially smaller than modern humans. (Australophithecines aka "Lucy" were about half as tall as the average human). Plus, the brain size of these finds are far, far smaller than moderns.

Documentation? Grabbing at straws?

Bradley

• Unclepenn1
    Unclepenn1

Nephilim? Maybe. Sometimes when they find 'hominids' I always wonder if they could be from pre-flood humans who lived to be 900 years or so. You figure that would give you some wicked arthritis. :) It's a lot more believable than that we evolved from lower life forms. Penn

• heathen
    heathen

I've seen some sites that suggest that neanderthal man was the nephilim. I think most scientists these days are more interested in manipulating the facts as to support the evolution theory . I think it would be interesting if they found something thru DNA testing that could prove the nephilim actually were part human and part alien . I have a hard time accepting the evolution theory , there just seems to be way too many assumptions associated with it .

http://www.burlingtonnews.net/giants.html

edited to add this really cool link .

• Mary
    Mary

I remember seeing some documetary on TV about this a while ago..........I guess they've found the skeleton remains of some unusually tall people from ancient times.

The Nephilim were reported before the Flood, but there were also giants, or Nephilim reported when the Israelites sent spies into the land of Cana'an (I think). They came back and reported that they had seen the "Nephilim". Also, Goliath, who lived long after the Flood, was over 9 feet tall wasn't he?

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    I've seen some sites that suggest that neanderthal man was the nephilim.

That doesn't make sense at all. Neanderthals are smaller than current Homo sapiens.

I have a hard time accepting the evolution theory , there just seems to be way too many assumptions associated with it .

I have a hard time accepting that Nephilim were real. There is no evidence that they ever existed besides what was written in the bible.

• heathen
    heathen

drwtsn32--- I think you are over looking the evidence already mentioned in this thread of giant skeletons being found . I have no trouble believing that people can grow to huge sizes because I've seen evidence in the world book of records . I think the tallest man ever was at 10ft tall .Now that was without any strange occurance from the spirit realm . I have no problem believing in a spirit realm so none of it is that hard for me to take serious .

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

The subject of Nephilim - or Giants - in the bible is an interesting topic.

As a JW, I was taught that these were off-spring of the Angels who came down from the heavens and had relations with the daughters of man.

I was also taught that at the flood - these supposed angels, 'beamed up' so to speak - but left their wives - and children - who were destroyed in this supposed flood.

(NOTE: I do not believe that there was a 'global' flood. Perhaps a local one - or one that covered a wide area - but not global. Archeology does not support a global flood.)

So - if you turn to Numbers 13:30 - 33, there is a discussion in Moses' day - about taking over a land 'filled with milk and honey'. Verse 33 says, in part "We saw the Nephilim there (the descendants of Anak come from the Nephilim). We seemed like grasshoppers in our own eyes, and we looked the same to them." *

Hmmm... this was AFTER Noah's flood... so either there wasn't a global flood - OR - one of Noah's sons was a Nephilim.

There are other references to 'giants' in King David's day, too. Remember Goliath? He had 4 brothers - who were ALSO giants. They came from a RACE of giants.

Bottom line - Somebody fibbed to us.

Regards,

Jim TX

*Bible used is the NIV translation - I don't trust that 'New World Translation'

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

http://www.aaanet.org/gad/history/html/fweiden.htm

Discussion of Weidenreich and the Java Man.

From Wickipedia:

Meganthropus
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Meganthropus is a subspecies of the extinct hominid species, Homo erectus. Its full name in binomial nomenclature is Homo erectus meganthropus. Meganthropus was given a subspecies classification to distinguish it from other fossilized representatives of Homo erectus on account of its enormous size. Based on scant, but adequate, existing fossilized remains, Homo erectus meganthropus has been estimated to have stood roughly 9 feet tall and weighed roughly 750 to 1000 pounds. Remains of this subspecies, including remnants of its cranium, lower jaw, and femur, have been estimated to be roughly 1 million years old. It was once called Meganthropus paleo.

Meganthropus is good example of the great variation that existed in the Homo erectus line that is only equalled among representatives of the Homo genus by the similar variations found in modern man. Its remains were discovered in Indonesia and in Australia where another anomalous variation of Homo erectus, Homo erectus soloensis, has also been discovered. Although once not considered to be of the Homo genus due to its seemingly improbable size for a hominid, Meganthropus remains were found along with tools normally associated with the Acheulean era, but of great size, making it difficult to refute the intelligence of the titanic hominid.

Some have noted similarities between Meganthropus and Bigfoot sightings, but the notion is highly speculative

CG

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    I think you are over looking the evidence already mentioned in this thread of giant skeletons being found .

I have no problem with "giant" skeletons being found... I was just commenting on neanderthals in particular.

Finding large skeletons doesn't prove they were so called "nephilim" anyway. Those beings were supposed to exist back in Noah's day... circa 4000 BC, right? The large skeletons would therefore need to be radiometrically dated at about 6000 years, give or take.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit