To the theists (Christian or otherwise)....

by logansrun 80 Replies latest watchtower bible

• logansrun
    logansrun

My question to you: Why does God permit evil?

This is not a bait but something I'd really like to get your view on. Thanks.

Bradley

• franklin J
    franklin J

...that would depend on what your " perception" of God is

• logansrun
    logansrun

Permission of evil entails consciousness. Hence, a personal god.

Bradley

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Logan,

I'm an "otherwise".

Permission of evil entails consciousness. Hence, a personal god.
    False assumption up the yimyang!!!
  • logansrun
    logansrun

Care to expound on that, Frankie?

Bradley

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Logan,

No!

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Ok just kidding.

Logan your the one that made the statement that is unverifiable,,so I don't need to expound nothing you do.

• logansrun
    logansrun

frankie,

Suggestion: be more specific in your posts, because most of the time I'm not sure what you are talking about. For instance, why not explain exactly what statement I made which you claim is "unverifiable." And, how so?

An allowance of evil requires someone to do the allowing, a conscious entity. Hence, the God I am speaking about would have to be a personage of some sort.

Bradley

• El blanko
    El blanko

If "evil" were not allowed, freewill would be negated.

There are books that discuss this issue indepth if you search for them. As a former JW (well I think you are) I think you understand the Biblical point of view. The JWs have as good an explanation from a Christians point of view as I have heard.

I believe the Kabbalists go deep into this subject area as well, it may be worth looking to that group for further enlightenment.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Logan,

Suggestion: be more specific in your posts, because most of the time I'm not sure what you are talking about. For instance, why not explain exactly what statement I made which you claim is "unverifiable." And, how so?

Ok, I did it a few post up.In my first post!

An allowance of evil requires someone to do the allowing, a conscious entity. Hence, the God I am speaking about would have to be a personage of some sort.
    You assume in that there is some "one" "allowing" evil. I don't want toget all complicated so I gave you a very short answer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit