Few Black/African people on this board

by Joker10 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

It was a good rant, gespro....

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes
    A better question is , Why have none ever been on the governing body, only mainly white Americans, til very recently. hhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm.

That is a great question and it really pisses me off, because they can not answer it .......only recently have they added anyone othere older white men. The subject also came up about why there are no women on the governing body. Since none of the governing body will attach their name to what they write( and we know why) , why couldn't a " spirit annointed, directed", woman put what she has to say , as a contribution for magazine articles? I guess Jehovah does not see her worth because she is a woman,,,,,,,,maybe he will feel differently towards her when she is in Heaven, a place where she will not have her female gender.

These questions have bothered me for along time, when I look back I wonder why I didnt question . I guess I started seeing things as they really are for the first time when I began doubting the little things. Now I look back and I wonder ......." what was I thinking"? But ya know, I think I didnt see things , because I WASN'T thinking.

• codeblue
    codeblue

Hey, I am from Tahiti...does that count?

• Sassy
    Sassy

I date African Americans..........does that count??

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Hey, I'd really be interested in info on how blacks were regarded spiritually before 1935. Were they really accepted as members of the "little flock", or were they "encouraged" to be members of the "secondary spiritual class" (which later became the earthly "great crowd")? I am just wondering, by having the cut-off date for the Anointed in 1935, a time when there was still entrenched segregation, does that rule out virtually all blacks from being members of the Anointed (except for a few "token" exceptions)?? Or do we know lots of examples of African-American Anointed?

• undercover
    undercover

I don't know about the anointed bit but I do remember a quote that said something to the effect of, "the colored friends are humble and easily teachable". It was very condescending and treated them as second class citizens. I'm sure Blondie can list the reference.

• Valis
    Valis

Leo..

http://quotes.watchtower.ca/race.htm

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug
    I'm Native American...I'm a minorty everywhere except my bathroom

Badger, I'm assuming you are saying that since you are the only person in your bathroom, that you are a majority of one. Uh, doesn't majority/minorty imply there must be at least three persons ??? Hate to get picky here but it is a slow day. .

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Just saw this from Randy's page.....

In harmony with this, the author of Millenial Dawn holds that, while the elect Church will probably be composed chiefly of the highly favored white race, nevertheless, it will probably have in it representatives out of ?every kindred, people, and tongue?. (The Bible Versus Evolution Theory, 1898, pp. 30-31)

That already sounds pretty poor, and that was their "ideal". What was it really like in practice? Back in the days when most Russellites partook of the bread and wine, did blacks have "their own" bread and wine, or were they discouraged from being members of the elect (preventing them from drinking out of the same cup), or were they in fact accepted by and large as equal members?

Historians have described the 1900s and 1910s as the nadir of race relations in America, and that's when Russell's little group really took off.....

• blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit