Few Black/African people on this board

by Joker10 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Joker10
    Joker10

A while ago it was asked what your ethnic background was and only 2 said they were some percent black. Why do you think few black people actively speak out against WT? . Few african-americans can be seen protesting at assemblies.

• Badger
    Badger

I'm Native American...I'm a minorty everywhere except my bathroom.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

What are you getting at?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Self-report is not an accurate measure.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Randy Watters @ Freeminds has this Link: http://www.freeminds.org/african/african.htm Regarding this topic.

• Ariell
    Ariell

I don't understand the question. Could you be a little more specific?

• City Fan
    City Fan
    andonly 2 said they were some percent black. Why do you think a few percenage of X-Ws even bother to post?

That doesn't make any sense to me. What are you trying to ask?

• gespro
    gespro

Gespro: African/Native American (which, by the way, many of us so called African/Americans are...)

Oh, we're here. But some don't feel the need to wear it like a badge until some insensitive fool crosses the line. You know who you are...

I've seen posts here that have set humanity back about 100 years. On the other hand I also see sensitive people who have been hurt, abused and tossed about like they don't count in life. That hurts me to see anyone mistreated in such a way.

I don't want to be narrow minded when it comes to humanity. The us/them kind of thinking has never been a part of my life when it comes down to skin color. It's a weak conveinient way to group a people together - by skin color. Approaching it this way, we don't have to think beyond the visual and we can just packege this one or that one into a stereo type.

sorry for the rant

• Valis
    Valis

hmm...there aren't many Micronesians on the board...I wonder why that is? Does it matter? People will come and go regardless of what color, race, or ethnicity they are. Also, there is no way of knowing whether someone is being truthful or not...So, IMO it is useless to speculate.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• run dont walk
    run dont walk
    A while ago it was asked what your ethnic background was and only 2 said they were some percent black. Why do you think few black people actively speak out against WT? . Few african-americans can be seen protesting at assemblies.

A better question is , Why have none ever been on the governing body, only mainly white Americans, til very recently. hhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm. I guess hats off too the african americans, obviously a lot smarter then the average white people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit