Fudging on "Field Service Report"

by Clinton 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• willyloman
    willyloman
    I never actually lied about the number of hours I put in, but...

Judging from this and many similar threads on this forum, and my own experience, I think this is the dub mantra on FS time. And this next is SO typical:

as a pioneer in a rural area where the town territory was severely overworked, it was considered ok to make a call in town, home or not, then drive for four hours to a really rural terrritory, eat lunch, then call on a crazy old hermit way in the bush, then drive back the four hours and make another call in town, and count 12 hours. Wheee! What a glorious waste of time!!!

Like you, I made that call, drove those hours, ate that lunch, called on that same crazy old hermit in the bush, made that drive home, and wrote down those same damn 12 hours.

Example: Saturday morning FS, I'm in someone else's four-wheel-drive vehicle along with two other elders and a young pio brother. After driving around making RV's (that way two elders could sit in the car and talk "congregation business" between doors), the young pioneer needed to be dropped off at his house so he could go to work; this was maybe 10:45 a.m. Anyway, the elder driving, who was aux pio'ing that month, said he had another call he really wanted to make and we commenced driving towards the remote hills outside of town. After several miles, he turned off on a dirt road and drove for 15 minutes until the road narrowed, then crossed a small stream and virtually disappeared. By now, we were all wondering where he was going. When asked, he said he had a return visit on an elderly man who lived way out here someplace. I remember wondering how the hell he ever found this guy! About the time we were all suggesting he must have made a wrong turn somewhere, we came to a clearing in the brush and there was an old delapidated house. It was the stereotypical shack, old car rusting out in front, dead washing machine in the yard, and, of course, absolutely no visible signs of life. We wasted another few mintues while the brother walked up to the door and pounded on it. Then we drove home, arriving back at the hall at 12:30 -- another successful 3.5 hour day!

• uriah
    uriah

Ah, wily, I remember calls like that - but in the UK we can't drive so far. I used to do a little rain dance in the sittingromm whilst getting it ready for the FM meeting. I would also pray to the Gods of Doom to make it pour with rain. Such joy when they were answered. We'll do RV's we would all rejoice, knowing for the next 1hr 15mins we would drive around 'looking' for the RV. I would sometimes work with a sister - if my wife was not going - who would say ' I'm doing RV's' ' I'll come with you' I would quickly say before anyone else. If I was on my own I would zoom off and do a couple of NAH RV's I knew and then go back for coffee and biccies. All and sundry would be full of 'a good time today'. I hated the ministry. I did not invent time until the end, then when I couldn't care less I just did not report - even if I went out. We had the group in MY house and I 'lost' my 'privilege' of reading and opening/closing in prayer. I did not answer up and if asked to read a scripture I just read it in a monotone. When we had to decorate the kitchen, we needed the space for boxes of stuff so I said the group could not meet here for a couple of weeks. When we finished the decorating I just did not invite them back. That was 2 years ago. Bliss.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit