Fudging on "Field Service Report"

by Clinton 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• Clinton
    Clinton

When I was a jdub I used to write down whatever hours I wanted to write down. When I was pioneering for 7 years I would add a few hours to my time each month so that I wouldn?t fall too far behind. Even when I wasn?t pioneering though I would inflate my hours a bit sometimes so I wouldn?t have the elders hounding me about my time and also so I could hold a ?position?. I never really felt that reporting hours spent in door to door was an edict from God but just a way to keep tabs on everyone?s activity.

My question is did any of you fudge reporting your time?

Clinton

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

I wrote down the Cong. Average. I thought the whole thing was crap anyway. I just didn't want any slack from elders.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Yup!!! The more I drifted away, the more bogus hours I put on my time sheet.

• nemo
    nemo

I have never known anyone who hasn't. Just makes you wonder how many hours are actually in the ministry a year and if the society actually adds hours, to make themselves look better, as if to say "Look this is proof God is behind us"

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I was such an anal-retentive Dub when I was in I never would have dared to falsify my time. God, I was stupid! There were plenty of months when I didn't quite make the goal (100 hours back in my day), and I took the thrashings about the head and neck like a good Dub oughta.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Still doing it!

I may have to inflate it a bit more than usual so that hubby gets the much desired privileges he seeks. Or........... maybe not. Why would help him spend time away from me?!

Nope, I'll keep the hours to the minimum each month.

DY

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

I think it would be funny to put something outragous, like 8hrs a day, for the whole week, and maybe 12 hrs on the wekend. Say its all informal witnessing. Just to mess witht he cong average. You can incorporate it in your talks. "I put in 8 hrs of service a day" and still hold a full time job! Of course they couldn't accuse you of lying unless they had two witnesses watching your every action for the entire week :)

• run dont walk
    run dont walk
    I would inflate my hours a bit sometimes so I wouldn?t have the elders hounding me about my time

we all did, and it came down to keeping the elders and family off my back, heck sometimes when i left the house all dressed up, i said i was going in service, when i was really going on a job interview.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

FUDGE - You are joking surely -- I tell absolute total lies on my report - especially literature placements - think of a number with the hours and double it

• Room 215
    Room 215

Other than the ``rounding off" their hours in their favor, it hasn't been my experience that dubbies are flagrant cheaters-- it's too much of a guilt trip for the true believer. I suspect that in most cases the the ``fudging" begins as one's eyes open and the cynicism and disillusionment set in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit