Fudging on "Field Service Report"

by Clinton 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• findingme
    findingme

Honestly, I didn't fudge unless my (now ex) MS husband wanted me to. (He was concerned his MS wife may make him look bad). My conscience bothered me to count 3 hours on a Saturday morning if we took a long break or spent most of the time making Return Visits out in the country. This is when we had a van full of publishers and each householder was miles apart. With taking turns, a pair of us could get out of the van once or twice...and maybe find someone at home. (Not that we really cared if we found someone at home.....)

My ex kept all of the publisher's cards on top of his desk in his office at our home. I could very easily open it and pry into our congregation's service records if I wanted to. To be truthful, I didn't care. I was too worried about my own business to give a rat's ass about anyone else's time. I will say, though, my ex would sit at his desk and talk to me while he recorded publishers' time for the month. He would say: "Sister so-and-so only has 2 hours this month! Man, what's her problem?" I remember thinking what an ass he was for judging people like that.

• Special K
    Special K

It's all about measuring up and selling those books .

How the heck can the big book binding company make any money if there J.W. followers aren't out there in service. lol

it's all about the money in the end......but that is not how it is put across nor how we were programmed.

sincerely

Special K

• Ciara
    Ciara

I lied on my reports so much I really can't remember ever turning in a completely accurate one.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Nope. It was what it was; beginning about 1997, I just plain stopped reporting, even though I was still going "out in service." The PO (who was also my 'study conductor,') told me he knew I was "active," so why wasn't I reporting? I said "Because Jesus and the apostles didn't report their time, and neither will I."

And so the painting of bulls-eyes began.

• Earnest
    Earnest

Likewise, ona. Except that I had a more sympathetic body who placed on my publishers record card the note that I do not report field service for reasons of conscience.

• boa
    boa

i wouldn't ever fudge a report directly by ficticious hrs but played all the 'pioneer pace' games to extend the time as much as possible....

toward the end I put in time but didn't count it - so there!

boa

• Bulldog
    Bulldog

I was too deeply programmed in mind control to ever outright lie about my time when I was pioneering, "Jehovah knows".

But, as a pioneer in a rural area where the town territory was severely overworked, it was considered ok to make a call in town, home or not, then drive for four hours to a really rural terrritory, eat lunch, then call on a crazy old hermit way in the bush, then drive back the four hours and make another call in town, and count 12 hours. Wheee! What a glorious waste of time!!!

I also had many "return visits" where the people were living about an hour from town, were old and lonely, always made tea and cookies for me, took the mags, but had no real interest in JW religion, but took the mags to get regular visits. I liked the old people, felt that I was doing something valuable in listening to their stories, and checking up on them regularly, shoveling the porch or driveway sometimes, and it was WAY nicer than going door to door at -20 celcius or worse, bugging people and letting the heat out. We would often stay for an hour or more, and sometimes had four or more people waiting in the van, til we came back, all counting time!!

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

Fudged every month. The goal was supposed to be 10 hours, so I didn't want to appear too susipicious, so I'd usually put down 9 hours. Those months when I actually DID go out in FS, I'd be brave enough to put down 12 hours. I'd add a few mags, as well (loved it when we placed back issues at Not-at-homes, that made mag placements seem real impressive.

I did just enough to keep the elders off my back--who could check anyway. I could say I witnessed to someone at school if they ever challenged it.

In short, the numbers they put out are totally inflated.

• dorothy
    dorothy

What I relife this message board was! I have been lying for months and feeling gulity. Fewf!

• Quotes
    Quotes

WWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTT????????????

Are you saying that the "billions of hours" spent in the "bible education work" "worldwide" may, in fact, not be accurate???????????????????????????

Out of conscience, I'm going to have to return all those donations I took "to help this worldwide bible education work". It doesn't seem right; after all those people contributed to the World Wide Work and now it seems the workd wasn't done.

Damn, this will take a while. I really should have taken names and addresses of donors.

;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit