Kingdom Ministry....."What will you do with your free time?"

by integ 26 Replies latest social humour

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

You almost got me there--it sounded too much like a real KM to me. I remember all those talks about going on vacation and how we can use this time as a great opportunity for informal witnessing, attending meetings elsewhere, etc, etc, etc...the Org never wants its members to just relax, because they may start to think their own thoughts then-- put 2+2 together and say...Hey, what the Hay is going on here???

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The scary thing is that it is so close to what might actually be said in a KM/WT article- brilliant

• seeking truth
    seeking truth

that was soooo good! i laughed so hard, my side hurts. but you know the truth of the matter is, WHAT VACATION? by the time you spent all your money on circut assemblys, district conventions, providing for the needs of the circut overseer and his wife and pioneering, you hardly had money for mcdonalds. one time my kid sister asked if we were going to go anywhere fun over summer, and our mother glared at her. gee, why didn't we realize sitting for 9 hours at a convention with lousy food and hours of study immediately following in a cramped hotel room was a good time? what the heck was wrong with us for wanting to actually enjoy something and not having to spend every waking moment visualizing rmgeddn and our doom if we disobeyed the society!

• LuckyNun
    LuckyNun

*applause*

that's $*#@&$* awesome. if I still went to the meetings, I would totally sit by you, so we could make fun of everything around us.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

What is so scary is how anyone can generate watchtower worthy spiritual food buy asking endless strings of retorical questions then cite a partialy quoted scripture that has been reduced to a meaningless catch phrase. Resulting in am empty sugegstion that sounds like a directive from from God.

• Ex Dub MS
    Ex Dub MS

A little over a year ago I would have fervently presented that material from the platform.

Now I double over laughing from the first sentence.

Wow...the difference a year makes.

• TowerWatch
    TowerWatch

Check this story. Very funny! Same Idea different subject.

http://www.towerwatch.com/articles_and_stories/Stories/are_cats_for_christians.htm

TowerWatch

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit