Best live CD's?

by DanTheMan 26 Replies latest social entertainment

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I was listening to Dire Straits On the Night in the car today, what a great CD. Your Latest Trick and On Every Street are standout tracks, whoever it was playing the sax that night was incredible.

So what are your favorite live CD's?

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Dan

Look for a band called "Deacon Blue"...got a live cd of them somewhere. Fantastic

Scott

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Nirvana's Unplugged. Not just one of the best live album in my opinion, but just plain one of the best. It's raw, and unadulterated Talent

• Huxley
    Huxley

Spiritualized "live" Royal Albert Hall 1997

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

A short list, in no particular order, because it's getting late & my brain is fried ... Cheap Trick, Live at Budokhan ... Eric Clapton, Unplugged ... Neil Young, Unplugged ... Jimmy Buffett, You Had to Be There ... The Eagles, Live ... Stevie Ray Vaughn, Live Alive ... Allman Brothers, Live at Fillmore East ... Jimmy Buffett, Feeding Frenzy ... Steely Dan, Alive in America ... Lynyrd Skynyrd, One More For From The Road ...

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Oh Dan! I don't know how you could add anything by the The Eagles to such an illustrious array of great albums.....

Now, for a really great live album do yourselves a favour and listen to "Bob Dylan Live '75". Disc 2 of that set is as close to perfection as Claudia Schiffer in a negligee.....

Pope

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Four Way Street Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young

When I was a teen l liked Made In Japan by Deep Purple. I also liked Frampton Comes Alive. Humble Pie Rockin' The Fillmore was good. Neil Young Rust Never Sleeps. Nanci Griffith One Fair Summer Evening is awesome for those who love earthy singer songwriters.

What am I listening to right now? Buddy Miles doing a live cover version of Neil Young's Down By The River. It's damn hard to improve on Neil's own version but this comes very close. It's romantic and even sexy and it's about a man who shot his woman and misses her intensely.

Flyin'

• Dan-O
    Dan-O
    I don't know how you could add anything by the The Eagles to such an illustrious array of great albums

Simple: Joe Walsh was still playing with The Eagles at that time. How can you not include a live album featuring the guy who wrote I.L.B.T.?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Eric Clapton Unplugged, hands down.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Traffic:

Welcome To The Canteen

Flyin'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit