Cock-a-goodle-doo

by simplesally 41 Replies latest social family

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

One day my son, then five, got a splinter and I had to take it out with judicious use of not only tweezers but sterilized needle. He protested, of course, and I had to explain about infection.

Well, he submitted and at last the tiny wooden b*gger was extracted. He rushed to tell his daddy: "Mommy got the splinter out! Now it won't be inflexicated!"

GentlyFeral

• Sabine
    Sabine

When we first moved to Seattle, our three year old at the time thought our famous landmark was the "Space Noodle".

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

You know being a man,, and listening to you women,,, makes me wish I could understand how you feel ,,when you say these things,,, so dear,,, about your children.

• simplesally
    simplesally

My mom said that I wanted "ippy stick" .........lipstick.

Frankie:

Thank you for your sweet post. I really enjoy listening to my daughter. This morning when she said cock-a-goodle-doo I had her repeat it and it certainly made me smile and give her some huggies. I try to enjoy the moments with her.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

My neice used to call hamburger..........hammyburger and my daughter said ciragets for cigarettes

LOL I just remembered. My uncle had an Irish Setter named Gambit and my cousin Tamera used to call him "damnit"

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

My friend, Mattie's daughters birthday is October 14th. When she was little she couldn't say it correctly and said "I tolya fourteen."

• simplesally
    simplesally

She told me someone called her a "Babyhead"

LOL................oh how tragic!

• carefully faded
    carefully faded

Here are some of the best ones from my neices and nephews (they're so cute and priceless, I actually got a little sad when they started pronouncing the words correctly):

• breastess = breakfast
    • o-tee-mo = oatmeal
    • strawby dobby = strawberry
    • scan fran-kiss-co = san francisco
    • I'm free = I'm three
    • grill = girl
    • scum screem = sun screen (same as your neice Sally!)
    • lellow = yellow
    • wiff = with
  • DFWnonJW
    DFWnonJW

Reportedly, when I was little, the "cotton bowl" was in reality the "cotton bull".

I'm not sure when the first great war became known as World War I but for me it was long War War I. Beats me.

I have a niece that until she was about 4 said O.E. for write. "I wanna O.E." We could never figure where that one came from.

• reganashe
    reganashe

my favorite has to be my daughter sing happy Dirtday to yoo!!

and I wanna bow bubbles! oh and if you ask her what her daddy's name it Jwayson (jason)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit